MissMelissaK profile image 86

Is anyone else concerned about dangerous theology?

There is a new theology out there that says being good means NOTHING. Jesus died for your sins and all you have to do is believe in him. That's it. Nothing more and nothing less. It has nothing to do with being good. Matter of fact, you don't even need to be good. Whatever happened to fearing God, obedience, reverence, holiness? There is a new religion replacing Christianity. It's basic premise is do whatever you want and Jesus will save you as long as you believe. I thought he cared about the state of our heart and our obedience.

TwerkZerker profile image93

TwerkZerker says

• MissMelissaK profile image

MissMelissaK 2 years ago

Thanks for sharing. To further elaborate on your point, we have removed the fear of God and shame from the American vocabulary. Sin is nothing but an acceptable form of habit that God winks it. Sin has the power to destroys lives and it does.

Theophanes profile image96

Theophanes says

MissMelissaK profile image86

MissMelissaK says

• celafoe profile image

charlie (celafoe) 2 years ago

correct-- all scripture works together

61

David Scurlock says

krillco profile image94

William E Krill Jr (krillco) says

• celafoe profile image

charlie (celafoe) 2 years ago

well you have it partially correct

• celafoe profile image

charlie (celafoe) 2 years ago

yes I lost a dear friend that was assured by his "hireling pastor" that it was ok he did not need to repent for being a drunk because he had "Walked the aisle" as a teenager so he was saved. such garbage from the folks in the pulpits.

tlmcgaa70 profile image70

tlmcgaa70 says

• MissMelissaK profile image

MissMelissaK 2 years ago

I completely agree. So much so that I could have written what you wrote. I want to please him because I love him. I don't feel obligated. I don't feel forced. I obey because I LOVE him! :)

definitions profile image59

definitions says

celafoe profile image70

charlie (celafoe) says

• MissMelissaK profile image

MissMelissaK 2 years ago

So spot on. Thank you for your commentary. I really appreciate it. The Truth is not very palatable to some people and unfortunately that will be to their downfall. I learned that the error of my ways was due to twisting God's Word to my liking.

GmaGoldie profile image86

Kelly Kline Burnett (GmaGoldie) says

• MissMelissaK profile image

MissMelissaK 2 years ago

That is very true. God has done miracles in my life.I am forever grateful but even at my lowest point when I was poor and seriously ill, he never left my side as I meditated on the first verse of Psalm 23. The Lord is my Shepherd I shall not want."

Rev. Akins profile image85

Rev. Akins says

• MissMelissaK profile image

MissMelissaK 2 years ago

We can do nothing to earn our salvation. You're right. What bothers me is that we can show how little we care about our salvation by throwing it across the room and having it affect our lives very little if at all. I do believe we can lose it.

Jewels profile image80

Jewels says

• krillco profile image

William E Krill Jr (krillco) 2 years ago

Seems to me that 'original Christianity' was more about love than condemnation.

Bishop J L Hayes profile image80

Jerry Lynn Hayes Sr (Bishop J L Hayes) says

• Righteous Atheist profile image

Righteous Atheist 2 years ago

So saving you from the Scary Super Daddy makes you "good" huh? He who obeys believes? Sounds dangerous to me. Obeys what exactly?

Righteous Atheist profile image59

Righteous Atheist says

• MissMelissaK profile image

MissMelissaK 2 years ago

I believe the exact opposite. I tried your path briefly and lived like the world and my soul was crushed and I never ever want to go back there. Prov 9:10 The fear of God is the beginning of all wisdom. God has helped me crush so many demons.

bethperry profile image88

bethperry says

• krillco profile image

Well stated.

cjhunsinger profile image66

cjhunsinger says

• MissMelissaK profile image

MissMelissaK 2 years ago

Can you prove Christianity is a myth? The gospels were eyewitness accounts. This is not how myths are made. This is how you uncover evidence and record it. Luke examined the witnesses, interviewed them, and checked out the facts.

0

Lybrah says

• Righteous Atheist profile image

Righteous Atheist 2 years ago

Interesting - it is all about hating what god hates huh? And that is playing the part of a good christian. Thanks for explaining that your religion is all about hate and playing a part. That is what I always thought.

Mahfoudh Muhammed profile image61

Mahfoudh Muhammed Bouboutt (Mahfoudh Muhammed) says

• MissMelissaK profile image

MissMelissaK 2 years ago

Its not just your heart....Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. (Deu 6:4–

0

• MissMelissaK profile image

MissMelissaK 2 years ago

Nowadays when questioned about sin, the responses are "It's normal." and "It's not like you're going to burn in hell." I say "Woah, woah woah, how far have we fallen from grace, dignity and reverence. We no longer fear God. We do what feels good.