72

Is prayer the only way God will listen to you and what does Amen mean?

I have studied the bible for many years and I have never found anything that reveals we can communicate with God outside of prayer. Is there something I have missed the says different. And only in the New Testament have I seen the word Amen. We use this word following the end of our prayers. Is this a requirement or a tradition? What importance, if any, does Amen have? Will God hear are prayer without Amen?

celafoe profile image68

Best Answer charlie (celafoe) says

• graceinus 2 years ago

celaloe- Thanks so much for your answer. This helps alot.

Blessings

Edward J. Palumbo profile image91

Edward J. Palumbo says

• graceinus 2 years ago

Edward J. Palumbo- Many thanks for commenting. I realize through spripture that God communicates with us. I am asking if prayer was/is the only means for us to communicate from ourselves to God? I agree the Holy Spirit promps us. Again many thanks.

PlanksandNails profile image89

Pn'N (PlanksandNails) says

• graceinus 2 years ago

PandN- Your insight and answer to this question is a true blessing. Thanks

• celafoe profile image

charlie (celafoe) 2 years ago

"All prayers are answered instantly and in the affirmative. Always!" This is not a scriptural statement. Prayers for anything outside the will of God ARE NOT answered affirmatively. egoism is psychobabel a false religion of men, not of God

CarolAnnHeadrick profile image61

CarolAnnHeadrick says

• graceinus 2 years ago

Carol- I will clarifywhat I'm asking.. I don't recall reading anything in the NT for christians as to how christian are to communicate TO God aside from the form of prayer. Which is why I asked if I had missed something. Thank you for your answer.

luvtoowrite profile image61

Luvtoo Write (luvtoowrite) says

• graceinus 2 years ago

luvtoowrite- Thanks for your answer. Until I had asked this question about amen, I never knew the true meaning behind it. It seem everybody who's commented so far knew it except me. Thanks

Lee Lee 513 profile image60

Schandee Decker (Lee Lee 513) says

• graceinus 2 years ago

Lee Lee 513- Thank you for you insight and comment.

Blessings

60

sunday Adebiyi (prayerpoints2016) says

0

• graceinus 2 years ago

sheilamyers- Thank you for your comment. I would think any conversation we have with God could be counted as a prayer as long as it's done with a sincere heart. Thanks for your imput.