JMcFarland profile image 91

If Christianity really is the truth, shouldn't scrutiny demonstrate its truth?

All over the place in America, we see believers responding with outrage and defiance when Christian beliefs are challenged or questioned. If the beliefs of Christianity are, in fact, the truth - the only truth, then shouldn't believers want it to be questioned, challenged and scrutinized so as to demonstrate the truth of their claims? How, then, can they claim that their beliefs are being attacked by questions, and say that they're being persecuted simply by being challenged? If a belief is true, shouldn't it stand up to any challenge that can be thrown at it, without claiming attack?

Best Answer Christin Sander (ChristinS) says

• gmwilliams profile image

Grace Marguerite Williams (gmwilliams) 2 years ago

A+, many religionists blindly accept their faith either through family or from religious authorities.They react vituperatively when asked to question their faith because they're quite fearful of WHAT they will/may discover re: their faith.

Link10103 profile image80

Link10103 says

• Robert the Bruce profile image

Robert the Bruce 2 years ago

Coming from a Christian background, I can tell you that most believers do not think through most of the doctrines they claim to believe. They are content to have their salvation from "hell" and do not question the accuracy of the Bible (w/o evidence)

connorj profile image80

John Connor (connorj) says

• JMcFarland profile image

Julie McFarland (JMcFarland) 2 years ago

I've read all of cs Lewis. Typical apologist. Also read all of the early church fathers. Still not convinced. Asserting something does not make that something true.

Abrushing1968 profile image82

Aaron Rushing (Abrushing1968) says

• JMcFarland profile image

It's funny - I don't know any atheist scientists or lay people who claim to have all of the answers, or even that having all of the answers are possible. What you said is true, though - the god of the gaps is disappearing as the gaps close.

aguasilver profile image88

John Harper (aguasilver) says

• JMcFarland profile image

I think about and discuss it because I'm surrounded by it and my background, history and education are in it. My interest didn't disappear when I realized I no longer believed it.

Aniket Lawand profile image77

Aniket Lawand says

EtherInfomat profile image60

EtherInfomat says

• blakewhite4012 profile image

blakewhite4012 2 years ago

Ok, so can you prove God doesn't exist? This science that you speak of can you prove the existence of this "God particle" your scientist havent found yet? Can you prove the evolutionist theory? Can you show me proof of a bird giving birth to a human?

christicue profile image78

Christi C. (christicue) says

• Robert the Bruce profile image

Robert the Bruce 2 years ago

Do you see? "Measuring" the Bible against the world only works if you already have faith that the Bible is the truth of god. When you realize that most of the stories and doctrines of the Bible CANNOT be proved to be true, then you have the problem.

BobMonger profile image59

BobMonger says

0

christiananrkist says

blakewhite4012 profile image60

blakewhite4012 says

• Link10103 profile image

Link10103 2 years ago

And you shouldnt call people cowards unless they actually refuse to present you with those examples and facts.

And if you cant figure out the one, singular, hard hitting question any logical person asks of a christian, throwing stones is not for you

0

Daveadams36 says

0

Deborah Sexton says

0

Lybrah says

• JMcFarland profile image

Beliefs cannot get hurt feelings. The is nothing wrong with ridiculing beliefs. That is different than ridiculing believers. I'm truly sorry that you don't seem to understand the distinction. I do not have to respect beliefs. No one does.

Rhonda Lytle profile image87

Rhonda Lytle says

• JMcFarland profile image

I see Christians in America claiming persecution all the time whenever anyone challenges or criticizes their beliefs. They are not being beheaded, jailed or anything else here. Yet they claim to have the 'moral majority'. Which is it?

0

• EtherInfomat profile image

EtherInfomat 2 years ago

Though science get questioned a lot more by religious folk, so stop your bitching and don't dodge the question.