JMcFarland profile image 90

How is persecution defined in America?

We see it all the time in the news and on our own forums/questions/hubs, Christians asserting that they are being persecuted for their beliefs. In some countries, that is most certainly true, but not here. Having your beliefs challenged, mocked, criticized etc. Does not equal persecution to me. Being jailed, tortured or executed does. So how do you define persecution, and it's it possible to be persecuted for your beliefs in a country where self proclaimed Christians are the majority?

• JMcFarland profile image

Julie McFarland (JMcFarland) 2 years ago

I don't think that some people understand that they do not have the right to not be offended, and they seem to be offended by the silliest things. I find the constant cries of persecution upsetting as well.

0

• JMcFarland profile image

Thank you, Sheila. When I try to tell people that, they then tell me that I'm attacking them personally. I do not understand this victim mentality at all.

cjhunsinger profile image66

cjhunsinger says

0

Stargrrl says