M. T. Dremer profile image 91

How can doomsday preppers be religious?

I've watched a handful of episodes of the show 'Doomsday Preppers' and I noticed that quite a few of these people were taking religious symbols with them into their various bunkers. There are two things that confuse me about this. The first is; if one believes in an afterlife, and their religion is correct, shouldn't they not fear the end of the world? And second, most of these doomsday preppers assume that the general masses will turn into murdering thieves at the first sign of instability. But, shouldn't one who is religious not assume the worst about people?

MizBejabbers says

gmwilliams profile image87

Grace Marguerite Williams (gmwilliams) says

• seraphic profile image

Seraph (seraphic) 21 months ago

“Prepping” is a new term for survival, it is instinct to protect family. Survival through human history includes cannibalism and theft. Scripture indicates few people will survive, it suggests that they will live underground until after tribulation.

cjhunsinger profile image70

cjhunsinger says