Lady Guinevere profile image 60

Is it right for society/religion etc to choose the gender of the child?

The transgenders and those who are born with both sets of reproduc tive organs have had a very difficult time with their lives and how to conduct them. Religion specifically demonizes those who "feel" what gender they are to be and they expect them to stay that way. Society also dictates that. Most times it is not a choice, but is from the creator as to what gender they really become. Why does society and religion go against that?

MizBejabbers says

• Lady Guinevere profile image

Debra Allen (Lady Guinevere) 21 months ago

Perhaps we should dress like robots so it will be harder to tell of anyones gender. Do you think that we are gravitating towards that?

LindaSmith1 profile image61

LindaSmith1 says

• Lady Guinevere profile image

They should allow the child to develop on their own. I have heard that most time, more than not, the body will decide what gender it will be by the age of 5.

61

Tosin Tijani (Ashleytj) says

• MizBejabbers profile image

MizBejabbers 21 months ago

My mother told me they wouldn't send me to college for that reason, but they would send my brother. I struggled to raise two children after divorcing an abusive husband; my brother married a woman who made double his salary. Go figure.