For those who believe the Bible is the infallible word of God, regarding Hebrews 10:26-27 ...

What exactly does the following scripture mean to you? "For if we go on deliberately and willingly sinning after once acquiring the knowledge of the Truth, there is no longer any sacrifice left to atone for [our] sins [no further offering to which to look forward." (Hebrews 10:26-27) Does this mean that every time we sin, we have to go and be saved again? Does this only apply if we turn completely away from the Lord God and deny He is Lord? It is a bit puzzling to me, for I know Jesus said, "It is finished" and that His blood and what he went through on that cross and He rose, covered me.

lawrence01 profile image91

Best Answer Lawrence Hebb (lawrence01) says

Faith Reaper 21 months ago

Lawrence, what an insightful answer here! Yes, He fulfilled the law and we now have a new covenant. Nothing can take away what He did on that cross for us. We are sealed in the Lamb's book of life. Praise Him! And God bless you. In His Love, Faith Re

cam8510 profile image93

Chris Mills (cam8510) says

Faith Reaper 21 months ago

Hi Chris, I am so happy you have taken time to answer here! I appreciate you sharing how you have understood the teaching. It is interesting to know how each one interprets it, and that you found it simple. God bless

TheHealthGuy LM profile image82

TheHealthGuy LM says

• LadyFiddler profile image

LadyFiddler 21 months ago

AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN. Well said we share the same understanding. Norine is propagating that Judas was saved when Jesus went to the grave when the bible says he is LOST. Indirectly she is calling the word a lie. N If he was saved then satan to is!

Men Are More Responsible for Upholding the Word of God as Truth80

Men Are More Responsible for Upholding the Word of God as Truth

|  12 comments

Faith Reaper 21 months ago

Hi Word, Yes, I have heard that before too. Thank you for sharing that insight. God bless you and yours

word55 profile image80

Word (word55) says

• word55 profile image

Word (word55) 21 months ago

Now, to answer the question in my own words, that scripture means to me that I should not sin willfully. There is a high price to pay for doing that. God has helped me to understand that to sin is to oppose Him, myself, maybe someone else and or othe

Jackie Lynnley profile image75

Jackie Lynnley says

Faith Reaper 21 months ago

Thanks Jackie for the great answer! Yes, sin separates us for sure from Him. The ones who intentionally sin day after day without repentance makes me wonder if they were truly saved. We are all sinners no doubt, but intentionally that is dangerous!

tsadjatko profile image79

TSAD (tsadjatko) says

• Kiss andTales profile image

Kiss andTales 21 months ago

I think you are correct on the subject , I believe this is like a person has lost respect for the value of Jesus blood poured out in our behalf,

It is like you give a person a diamond to only find it laying by the garbage can, and you are shocked !

60

Norine Williams says

Faith Reaper 21 months ago

Hi Norine, You have shared great insight into the scripture here! Yes, praise God for His Grace and Mercy. Salvation is a free gift, and we must repent. I am so glad He knows our hearts. The Holy Spirit immediately convicts me in such matters.

Biomedical profile image79

Robert A. Avila, PE, MCE (Biomedical) says

Faith Reaper 21 months ago

Hi Robert, I was having a discussion on this scripture with my husband, and was curious as to how others may interpret it. Yes, we are a work in progress and He is not through with us. I am happy that His mercies are new each day. Tx, God bless.

LadyFiddler profile image73

LadyFiddler says

• Norine Williams 21 months ago

Lady: It's not our concern re:Judas, but what happened "in the grave?" Jesus being merciful, and Judas knowing Jesus, (for someone had to be "used" to fulfill scripture), .. However, I just "follow Him!"

savvydating profile image84

savvydating says

Rich kelley profile image60

Rich Kelley says

Faith Reaper 21 months ago

Hi Rich, Thank you for your answer. Yes, "Go and sin no more". Good points make here and insight. God bless you

Kiss andTales profile image24

Kiss andTales says

• LadyFiddler profile image

LadyFiddler 21 months ago

Wonderful answer Kissadntales :) I love how you put it over.