To those who believe the Bible is the infallible Word of God, as relates to birth pangs ..

This morning when I opened my laptop, sadly, I saw where a historic earthquake, 7.9 magnitude, hit Nepal, then I noticed today that Chile had a volcano to erupt twice in 24 hours. Also, today in the headlines, scientists discovered another giant super volcano at Yellowstone National Park just under the reservoir. Plus, keeping in mind of the Ebola virus outbreak. If you believe the Bible is the infallible Word of God, do you think the earth is experiencing birth pangs as described in scripture?

cam8510 profile image95

Best Answer Chris Mills (cam8510) says

Faith Reaper 21 months ago

Thank you, Chris, for going to such great lengths to find the numbers of earthquakes over the years! Fascinating information here you have gathered. Did the earthquakes in 2012 happen closer together than let's say 2005? Is there a way to look at tha

Akriti Mattu profile image85

Akriti Mattu says

Faith Reaper profile image87

Faith Reaper says

• bravewarrior profile image

Shauna L Bowling (bravewarrior) 21 months ago

The question is, will Earth and its inhabitants die in this new birth? When we humans give birth, does death happen first?

I believe in faith and God, but I don't believe in the Bible. I'm Catholic and doubt the written word. I rely on God and me.

Gek Aka profile image61

Geof Awunyo (Gek Aka) says

Faith Reaper 21 months ago

Thanks so much, Geof, for taking time to answer.

bravewarrior profile image94

Shauna L Bowling (bravewarrior) says

• bravewarrior profile image

Faith, what's more important, faith or belief in words that were passed down long ago? Which Bible is the "right" one? Discounting one over the other makes no sense. It only makes none of them real. How do you know which version is the original?

whomtheSonsetFree profile image68

Susan (whomtheSonsetFree) says

Faith Reaper 20 months ago

Hi Susan,

I just saw you great answer here. No, I don't think you got off topic here. I had closed the question, but reopened it to allow Cam to get the credit for his hub he did in response to my question. Not sure how that works. God bless you.

feenix profile image59

feenix says

Faith Reaper 21 months ago

Hi feenix, yes, they have been going on since the beginning of time, but I am wondering if they are happening closer together now, as in birth pangs, than in times past. Thank you

0

SirDent says

Faith Reaper 21 months ago

Hi Virgil, Thank you so much for answering here. I appreciate you. I just noticed that every day I pull up the Internet there is such an event it seems and they are happening more frequent at least it appears to me, as is describe in scripture.

0

Stargrrl says

Faith Reaper 21 months ago

Hi Stargrrl, thank you for sharing your thoughts. God tells us these things will happen, but we are not to fear for we know to place our faith and trust in Him. God bless

0

Joshtheplumber says

Faith Reaper 20 months ago

Hi Joshua, well, we can by placing our faith in the Lord and prayer, all those huge mountains in our life just move out of our way. Prayer and believing in God's promises are powerful tools. God bless