kallini2010 profile image 87

What does it mean to be a man to boys who are growing up?

If you tell a boy to "Grow up!" what does it mean? Who are the male role models of nowadays? Gender roles have shifted, the expectations became unclear, changes in society are too fast to have clear ideas of what "real" men should be. The truth is boys are in trouble and men are in trouble, but the society hasn't caught up to how to successfully remedy the situation. It's a challenge. So, what does it mean to be a mature adult man today?

• kallini2010 profile image

kallini2010 20 months ago

Thank you for your answer. I did not put an emphasis on men being "real" men, I agree that this term is not the best. My question was more about boys and their ideas about manhood and role models. My interest is due to raising a son.

Edwin Thomas profile image84

Edwin Thomas says

Link10103 profile image80

Link10103 says

• kallini2010 profile image

kallini2010 20 months ago

Thank you for your answer. I agree with you. It's hard to paint a portrait of "a real" mature man. Even the gentleman part - women have to be gentle as well, but sometimes they tend t hit under the belt. The trouble? Unmotivated, underachieving boys.