realtalk247 profile image 70

What happened to our society? Why do people seem to operate wickedly with no desire to be good?

When I think of our society 40-50 years ago it seems worlds away from what exists today. Technology perhaps is allowing for wicked behavior to be public knowledge but that's not the problem. What's wrong with people practicing the golden rule: do unto others as you would have others do unto you? Today we have friendships formed just to use people, constant liars, cheaters, and shows telling the tale of jealousy among friends resulting in murder. What do you think is the cause of all this wickedness that seems to be part of modern culture? Are good people the minority now?

• ChristinS profile image

Christin Sander (ChristinS) 16 months ago

Absolutely! So much this answer... I have nothing I can even add, other than go out into the real world more and turn off the TV. Interact with your neighbors and look for the good in people consciously.

• dashingscorpio profile image

dashingscorpio 16 months ago

Excellent point!

24 hour news access,cell phones & the Internet make it possible to learn about all sorts of things that if happened in the past you wouldn't know about unless you personally lived in the region. These issues may not be near you!

Titen-Sxull profile image94

Titen-Sxull says

• Stargrrl 16 months ago

I couldn't disagree more. People are much more rude on the internet. Some of the things they write they would probably never say in real life. In fact, sometimes it gets out of control--look at the forums.

laksi profile image67

laksi says