MsLowrie profile image 82

Is the act of going to church a habit, a ritual, and an addiction?

According to the Oxford English Dictionary, a ritual is "a series of actions or type of behavior regularly and invariably followed by someone, a habit is "a settled or regular tendency or practice, especially one that is hard to give up," and an addiction is "the fact or condition of being addicted to a particular substance, thing, or activity." There is no commandment among any of the 615 Mitzvot ordering us only worship in a church building. So, are you attending out of habit, ritual, or addiction?

jackclee lm profile image78

Jack Lee (jackclee lm) says

• MsLowrie profile image

Michelle Lowrie (MsLowrie) 5 months ago

Actually, I didn't miss that at all. As I mentioned above there is no commandment to worship in any church building on Sunday. http://www.ecclesia.org/truth/attend.html

Dr CHE Sadaphal profile image78

CH Elijah Sadaphal (Dr CHE Sadaphal) says

• MsLowrie profile image

Michelle Lowrie (MsLowrie) 5 months ago

I understand. While I do gather together with people and exhort them daily, I do not often go to a building full of other worshipers to communicate with God. My prayers never cease, regardless of where I am or what I am doing.

Rich kelley profile image60

Rich Kelley says

stas karimov profile image61

Stas Karimov says

4 weeks ago