Kathleen Cochran profile image 85

Is being opposed to abortion a fruit of the spirit?

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance." If a person's life does not give evidence of these traits, does being anti-abortion offset those short-comings? Is abortion the only standard today to define Christian behavior?

• Kathleen Cochran profile image

Kathleen Cochran 2 months ago

I just deleted the last answer to this question by accident. I never edit answers or comments. I apologize and the writer is welcome to repost their answer.

gmwilliams profile image86

Grace Marguerite Williams (gmwilliams) says

• Kathleen Cochran profile image

Kathleen Cochran 2 months ago

The reason I asked this question was because I am confounded by my fellow Christian friends who are for Trump only because of the issue of abortion. They completely discount Hillary Clinton, a practicing Christian, imperfect but obviously trying. ?

savvydating profile image85

savvydating says

• Kathleen Cochran profile image

Kathleen Cochran 2 months ago

Hillary Clinton has spoken of her Christian faith on many occasions. So has President Obama. Many deny that fact because they support the law of the land, pro-choice. We see the fruits of the spirit in their lives, but people don't count it. Why