July 24 2012

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (34 posts)
  1. profile image0
    jonnycomelatelyposted 11 years ago

We have already reached July 14 here in Australia.  You good folks there in the Western Hemisphere will have to wait until tomorrow morning before you reach this day.   I need to point out that we only have 10 days to go before that great, momentous D Day!   

Could we prepare a Census, please?   If anyone knows exactly what we should expect when we get either "up there," or "down there?"   If you have been working as, maybe, a janitor down there, for a sort of pre-Olympics Clean-up, you might have some insider knowledge.  I doubt if anyone can tell us much about Heaven, it's probably a secret for the "high-ups."

Anyway, back to the Census.   On the 24th, please, send in a note to say where you are, up there or down there.   Hopefully one of the commercial Internet Providers will have set up shop somewhere in orbit, so we can collate answers and post them here in HubPages.  Then we can get a paparazzi of angels to interview some likely survivors.

1. aguasilver profile image71
      aguasilverposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What happens on July 24th?

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh.... thanks Ray, that explains why I missed the point!

Living in Penang, I can tell every American that tomorrow happens by mid day! and it has happened with clockwork reliability every day so far!

Nobody knows when the next major event will happen. smile

2. Disappearinghead profile image60
      Disappearingheadposted 11 years agoin reply to this

She has been silent of late. Do you think she got an early flight?

2. pennyofheaven profile image80
    pennyofheavenposted 11 years ago

Haha you made me laugh. Seeing as you are my neighbour I will let you know first assuming whatever allows me access to the internet.  Our 24th is a couple of hours before yours. You will have time to do whatever you are meant to do. If you don't hear from me than I am more than likely going to be in an inferno somewhere in hades where ever that is. I suspect computers wouldn't work there. Which means there is no chance for you to do whatever needs to be done. If by some stroke of luck I am headed for heaven where ever that is I will take the time to let you know assuming they have computers that work and you will have a better chance at doing whatever one is meant to do.

3. jacharless profile image74
    jacharlessposted 11 years ago

Jonny, how come you folks get to go first?!
    AND is the Rapture on GMT, in intervals throughout the day? I just want to be proactive. Because if I get an extra 12-20 hours, might squeeze in a last minute snack, in case there's a delay or worse jet lag afterward.
    Thanks!

1. profile image0
      jonnycomelatelyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ok JA, when I get wherever I'm going, I'll do a Harry Potter, trans-whatever it is, and become a Cocuyo.  That way I can light up my tail and attract a mate.

pennyofheavenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The upside of living down under. (bottom of the globe apparently) Another upside is we get to watch the New years come into being many times over!

1. jacharless profile image74
        jacharlessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Right, so I can watch each timezone whisked away, on CNN, for like 28 hours before it hits New York. Cool beans. Creepy, but cool! big_smile

1. pennyofheaven profile image80

Haha

2. twosheds1 profile image60
        twosheds1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

You could go to Attu island in Alaska. It is actually the point furthest east AND west in the US.

1. pennyofheaven profile image80

Are they further under than we are? Cool! Time wise though they are 19hrs behind us.

4. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 11 years ago

I'll still be here on the 25th. So will the rest of us. Life goes on.

Has anybody started a count down for 12,21,2012 yet? According to the Myans that's when we all can bend over and kiss our A**es good bye. That is if we are still here after July 24th.

1. Paul Wingert profile image60
      Paul Wingertposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Cool way to get out of my dentist appointment on the 26th!

5. Druid Dude profile image60
    Druid Dudeposted 11 years ago

Dave, you and I both know that someone should just go ahead and pick zero hour...for all the good that will do. I put myself on moratorium for two thousand twelve...no hubs...but, I've been thinking about 12-21-12, and decided that I might do a hub, published on that day.

6. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 11 years ago

I don't give a rat's a** if or when something really happens. When you die, you die, at least physically.
    Spiritually I guess I will see, and I will see those who end up where ever I am.

My God says that heaven is a reality to look forward to and since I am "Christian" and believe in what Jesus had written, that's where I'll go.

7. MelissaBarrett profile image58
    MelissaBarrettposted 11 years ago

My kid has an appointment with the top pediatric allergist in the state on the 24th. It took me 9 freaking months to get that appointment. Pretty sure at 3 she is getting raptured regardless of the 666 birthmark on her scalp.  God better damn sure let us get through that appointment first.

1. Druid Dude profile image60
      Druid Dudeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

666 is a multiple of three. 222x3=666 (preponderance of threes) Don't worry until 12-21-12 (Which in numerology is 3-3-3.

Oh yeah.... those pesky Masonic coincidences again....!

1. Druid Dude profile image60
          Druid Dudeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Masonic? So...666 is only a multiple of three in the Masonic Temple? Numerology is Masonic?

2. jacharless profile image74

3-3-3 = 27; 2-7 is 9; Tet {pronounced tate in Hebrew}
        Tet reflects the two archetypes of man:

a. Falling into self -resembling man bowing to a serpent
        b. Restored from self -resembling man bowing to a crowned vav/zayin {sword of the spirit see Gen 3.24}

Tet is expressed by a crowned vav/zayin, that looks like a women pregnant with child. Rev 12.1
        This is Tet.

1. profile image0

I have never seen such interesting background knowledge as it can apply to Revelations.   Thanks for that JA.

Cool.

2. profile image0

You might call this an Allegorical Allergy

1. jacharless profile image74

lol nice one.

2. moonfroth profile image69
        moonfrothposted 11 years agoin reply to this

jonny -- or an apologetic allegorical allergy.  Egad!  we could really get the bit in our teeth with this one and run for pages!  I don't have the faintest bloody idea what you're all questing for on this thread.  I further suspect no one particularly cares, but the conversation sustains itself nonetheless.  Fascinating.  Sort of like St. Augustine meets Sartre on Tweedle Dum/Tweedle Dee's corner.  They all simultaneously ask each other for directions to Up There or Down Here.  The Red King, mounted securely on Silver, thunders thru the intersection brandishing Excalibur and screaming at the top of his lungs, "Gott Starb!  Gott Starb!" -- then it all turns into a jumbled mess and gets hard to understand.

Help me Lord, I'm falllllllllllllllllllllling. . .

1. profile image0

Well, Moonfroth, it was all to do with a spurious prediction that something was going to happen on the 24th July which would change things radically in the world.   Then I think there was a suggestion from someone that it was going to be 27th or 29th.   We had lots of fun on the way.   

However, it's now late afternoon on 29th here is Eastern Australia. I am here, live and kickin'.  Snow fell up on my land this morning, very cold and damp.   No hell, fire, or brimstone, not calamity.  So it seams the predictions were not quite what God ordained so it didn't happen.

We live to wait again, but let's get on with enjoying life regardless.

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
            Disappearingheadposted 11 years agoin reply to this

She may have been raptured. We haven't heard from her. smile

2. moonfroth profile image69

Jonny -- at the risk of going Serious for a moment -- methinks these dates put forth by various groups are part of mankind's need for certitude in a complex universe that offers little.  Enquiring minds that demand evidence find few research paths that actually end-stop at some point.  Always there are more questions, more mysteries, instead of answers or resonating, final Truths.  If you  have reacted in a particular way to your upbringing, I can understand the desperate need to find certitude.  Final destruction at a designated time is a kind of certitude..  IF it actually occurred the power of prophecy  that "saw" it coming would validate all the faith in all the miracles that comprise the core of Christian thinking and the cosmology that started it all.  "Twould be a rather BRIEF validation, granted, but a validation nonetheless.

But I agree with you.  We're still here, enjoying this life and marvelling in the wonders around us.  Good enough for me.

1. profile image0

Ok, yes, keeping it serious for a further moment.   I am aware that many a priest, pastor has found that their ministry requires them to be well versed in psychology these days.  The "religous" aspects are imersed in the mental processes which we all experience.  The mental processes are linked very often with dietary intake, type of food, metabolism and poor nutrient mix.   Sugar, zinc are two important factors in the feelings of low esteme, etc.  A successful social life is a VERY big factor also.... i.e., how we relate to those around us, and how safe "I" feel in my habitat.  Obviously there are the base animal instincts to be aware of also.   We humans have our roots in ordinary biological survival traits.

So, from this, I extrapolate that ALL of our life experience is integrated.  We really can find solutions to problems IF we try to look at the "big picture," instead of concentrating on belief, faith, sin, penance, forgiveness, etc.  These are important but are only really relevant if taken in context with every-day life. 

I am going on a bit here, as usual.

1. moonfroth profile image69

Now Jonny, we're both guilty of "creative rambling", but you NEVER merely "go on a bit"!

8. Bubba Jones profile image61
    Bubba Jonesposted 11 years ago

Excuse me, I don't get what you mean. I know one thing though. Nobody ever went to heaven and came back to tell nobody. Jesus did, but he didn't say much about it. I can guarantee you one thing. It is better than the alternative.

1. profile image0

"Bubba Jones
      Sorry, this user has been banned from HubPages.

Bubba Jones
      From Deep, deep South
      0 Hubs
      Joined 6 hours ago"

Seems we don't have to put up with rubbish, thank you HubPages. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)