jump to last post 1-31 of 31 discussions (69 posts)

Disproving 1 billion peoples beliefs

1. menash profile image59
    menashposted 4 years ago

Just by know that Christians are a population of 1 billion and Muslim a population of 2 billion it is guaranteed that 1 billion out of the seven billion people on earth are believing in a false belief.

1. SimeyC profile image89
      SimeyCposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Not necessarily - maybe this 'superior' being has many faces - perhaps all religions are right in some way......

2. Cagsil profile image61
      Cagsilposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Last time I checked, your stats are way off.

Christians made up 2.1 billion.
      Muslims made up 1.4 billion.

The rest of the world religions fall into the remaining, except for the possibility of 1-4% being of no belief whatsoever.

3. Dave Mathews profile image59
      Dave Mathewsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Says Whom? Just maybe the remaining 6 Billion people are in for a big shock. God cannot and does not lie but we are already warned of "False Prophets"

4. Paul Wingert profile image79
      Paul Wingertposted 4 years ago in reply to this

At one time a vast majority of the population believed the earth was flat and was the center of everything. So much for that unless you belong to the Flat Earth Society. So yes, billions of people can be wrong.

2. menash profile image59
    menashposted 4 years ago

Both Muslims and Christians believe in only one God and the God for each of them is different.

1. SimeyC profile image89
      SimeyCposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It doesn't matter what the billion believe in, there's nothing to stop a superior being as appearing differently to different people. He/she could appear as God, Allah, Jahweh, Buddha etc....

2. jacharless profile image78
      jacharlessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Your numbers are skewed a bit.
      Christian, Islamic and Judaic believe in precisely the same, respectively.
      Many S.A, Africa and Asia religions also believe in the same one, with a variety of sub-deities. That constitutes nearly 5 billion presently living humans. Interestingly, even those who claim to worship a deity named Satan, also acknowledge a Creator who was supposedly defeated by said deity. This does not include the pre-industrial world deities of Greco-Roman, Mayan, and so on.

The question, then, is: are the 5 billion presently living, breathing, walking, talking, thinking humans deluded and irrational, versus a very small undetermined number of "maybe", atheist or other...

James.

1. Paul Wingert profile image79
        Paul Wingertposted 4 years ago in reply to this

There are 1.2 billion agnostic/athiests in the world, not so very small. This group is the fastest growing. As new discoveries in science grow, so does this group. Disproving a god is child's play compaired to disproving science. Although there are die hards that lie to themselves and choose not to believe something right in front of their faces. Of course when it comes to these hard core religious die hards, it would be like teaching calculus to a dog.

1. jacharless profile image78

Well, am in agreement that a/gnostic is on the rise. But not a/theism.
          Reason: with the slow dissolution of theism comes the dissolution of a/theism.

But, yes, as the global pandemic of industrialization -led by the religion of equation- speeds up, that of sensationalism dissolves. Natural evolution, forced genocide or unavoidable slavery/compliance?

Even still, and this is quite the notation, as sensationalistic Theos fades, giving rise to a/gnostic options, coupled with the pressures, every changing constants of science, technology, etc more and more people are considering Creator as a possibility.

When they see, what can be described as no less than dramatic, changes on a man-made and natural level {by the effects of the man-made} it makes them wonder. Changes they feel are too drastic, irreversible even. It makes them wonder how far the religion of equation will go. Will it out due sensationalism one billion billion to one, or actually revert humanity back to complete sensationalism? A few friends think this is a stronger likelihood than any other. Secondly it asks, if there is said Creator, when is it going to step in and stop the bleeding madness of mans mind-game or let it run the course and humanity wipe itself out. And why wouldn't they wonder these things, right? Any logical person would.

James.

3. menash profile image59
    menashposted 4 years ago

I stand corrected, at least 1.4 billion are believing in a false belief....

1. Disappearinghead profile image88
      Disappearingheadposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Who says they have a false belief? Why shouldn't God give a different revelation to different people groups? It's a fact that my colleagues do not see the same aspects of me as my family.

4. menash profile image59
    menashposted 4 years ago

But that's not how these two major religions look at it..so 1.4 billion are wrong. And God is not a person, we lack the brain power to phantom who he is physically. The only reason we call him "he" is because that's the only way we can relate to him.

5. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 4 years ago

I would assume all of humanity gets more wrong than right when it comes to making cosmic assumptions. Which  is why what you do with your belief is the only way to determine its value.

6. menash profile image59
    menashposted 4 years ago

I am not talking about values, obviously what you do with your belief determines its value. What I am talking about is whether the entire belief is the right one or not.

1. profile image0
      Emile Rposted 4 years ago in reply to this

There could not be anything classified as the right belief. Unless you know something that is eluding the rest of us. By your reasoning, I'd say 7 billion people are wrong.

7. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 4 years ago

Do you have to know the right belief to know the wrong belief or vice versa?

8. menash profile image59
    menashposted 4 years ago

Its a fact that if you have one religion having one way and another the other way, one of them by fact has to be wrong.

1. profile image0

That isn't a fact. That is an assumption. One I don't agree with.

Not really, if you have one religion, then you have many religions and many ways to reach the same destination. They appear in opposition, or negative, to each other, only by perception of application.

James.

3. psycheskinner profile image82
      psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The fact is that *at least* one of them is wrong.

9. violetheaven profile image60
    violetheavenposted 4 years ago

Who are you to determine wheither someones beliefs are wrong?   A mere human with the confines of human comprehension.  2 Billion Muslims?  Where do you get your data?     I know a certain sura that says something to the jist of 'to you your religion and to me mine'.  Get over yourself.  You may or may not be right. prove to me that you are right.

10. menash profile image59
    menashposted 4 years ago

Where you are wrong jacharless is that even though we all believe in the same creator each religion has a different belief in how to deal with the "same" creator. So what I am saying is their approach is wrong not their God.

If all believe in the same Creator, the path designed by a group -no matter how large or small- becomes the religion itself, science included. Religion is born in the mind. And the mind very unique -having many threads and strands. A billion billion or more probabilities exist then to determine a path or more than one path.

So, it lends the question of your thread: How would you propose disproving 5 billion + living humans?
      James

11. menash profile image59
    menashposted 4 years ago

Two cars driving on the highway and i know one car is headed north and one is headed south and i also know the they have the same destination. From what i said it is guaranteed that one is heading the wrong way!

1. profile image0

Would you agree that the final destination of each  car is somewhere on earth?

1. Dave Mathews profile image59
        Dave Mathewsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Who is to say that they will not arrive at the same right destination? Maybe the destination of both is somewhere in the middle.

1. profile image0

I agree. It always fascinates me how people believe in an all powerful universal force....and then they start  trying to micromanage the universe.

12. violetheaven profile image60
    violetheavenposted 4 years ago

Which one?   you cannot say with certainity.  Depends on the map or gps system you are using.

13. menash profile image59
    menashposted 4 years ago

The mind might have many threads but, right and wrong only has one.

Right:Wrong is Duality. Parallel identical. Just a Good:Evil, Yin:Yang, etc.
      So, where are you going with that thought?

14. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 4 years ago

I like pie. You like cake. They are both deserts. Why should one be wrong? Oh - you are selling pie.

PHP JOKES! "But its Pi, but its CAKE, but its Pi, but its CAKE." har-har.

15. menash profile image59
    menashposted 4 years ago

I like killing, you don't...They are both decisions. Why should one be wrong? Oh - you are selling death       

You see where I am going with this.....

Pardon me, but you are jumping around like a cat in a room full of rocking chairs.
      Try not being so cryptic and just come out with it, already.
      You left off postulating the disproving of 5 billion living, breathing, thinking individuals -most of whom live in an industrialized society.
      Please continue...

16. menash profile image59
    menashposted 4 years ago

Pie or Cake...animals could make a decision on that and they don't have free will. We are humans and lucky we are we got free will and with free will comes right and wrong and that's the type of right/wrong i am talking about.

17. menash profile image59
    menashposted 4 years ago

When a religion start it always starts the same with one man with a claim...happens to be many in fact billions followed but all it was, one man with a claim

So like Einstein's claim of relativity or nuclear fission; Buddha's enlightenment or Tony Robbins millionaire success concept. Okay, so...

18. menash profile image59
    menashposted 4 years ago

The difference between Einstein and a man starting a religion is, one Einstein had significant proof and two he spread his knowledge of the world and even if you accept it, it won't affect every aspect of your life.

Hey, buddy, let's be clear:
      Any claim started by man {be it one or more} IS religion. Philosophy 101.
      It becomes doctrine {documented, implied} when imposed upon others as being true.
      davya? paka!

19. menash profile image59
    menashposted 4 years ago

One MAN.......

20. menash profile image59
    menashposted 4 years ago

If one guy runs in to your house and screams it raining would you bet your life that in fact it is raining..

1. Disappearinghead profile image88
      Disappearingheadposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No. I'd look out the window.

1. pennyofheaven profile image79
        pennyofheavenposted 4 years ago in reply to this

hehe

2. violetheaven profile image60
      violetheavenposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I wouldn't.  Unless I lived in a house where I could see or hear the rain.  Or I would go to a window or doorway.  It really depends on who that guy is, if I seriously think about it.  If he was my father brother husband boyfriend  or whatever than yeah.  But the thought of some random guy running into my house is kinda scary.

21. menash profile image59
    menashposted 4 years ago

How do you know what God wants...did you speak to him?

1. violetheaven profile image60

Yes I speak to him.  Its called prayer.  I have faith that he answers.

1. menash profile image59
        menashposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Tell me when he does....

1. pennyofheaven profile image79
          pennyofheavenposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You mean you don't know when God speaks? Aren't you one of the chosen nation?  Or do you not need to know these things being from a chosen nation?

This is odd and I see it constantly.
        You apply practicality to pray -communicate with Creator and that he listens, hears.
        Yet, go on to say you have faith {pseudo-faith; hope} he responds. Where is that first practicality? Besides, isn't He under the same covenant requirement to answer. One that he established? Why then is misty-belief {pseudo-faith; hope} necessary, applied to the response, versus that earlier practicality?

James

22. menash profile image59
    menashposted 4 years ago

How would that make sense...because different groups evolved throughout the years of this world doesn't mean God all of sudden wants those different group to serve how they decided to do it...God is perfect he doesn't change his mind it is us that changes our mind.

23. menash profile image59
    menashposted 4 years ago

I don't care if it is documented the fact is it started from one...not many

Okay, so who is this one MAN, this Neo, who began these collective religions?
      And, furthermore, how is that relative to you disproving 5 billion living humans, plus all those before -be it 250,000 years or 7,000 years ago.

It appears, to me, you are not forming an argument but rather bantering.

1. violetheaven profile image60

Muhammad started Islam in 312ad, to make all the pagan arabs stop and find the one God of the Jews and Christians.

1. Jerami profile image77
          Jeramiposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That is pretty much the way I understood the story except for the typo.
          It was around 612 AD.  ??

When examining HOW Gabriel interprets Daniels visions to him;  and using that same style of interpretation, I think that the beast as described in Rev. 13:11 could be seen as Mohamed’s religion and the two horns would represent the Sheik  and Sunni which Islam split into immediately upon his death.

24. menash profile image59
    menashposted 4 years ago

One man in each religion...Jesus....Mohammed...I am saying that it all started from one man so when disproving i am only talking about that one man happens to be billions followed...

There are presently over 20 recognized Major religions, plus thousands more as minor religions and even more not even documented/discovered from civilizations years and years ago. To disprove it, you'd have to go back to the beginning of them all and start debunking there. Jesus, Mohammad and Moshe -from the collective big three- where just prophets, speakers of earlier belief systems. Systems that fused and defused for thousands of years. Then you'd have to investigate all the in-between religions of India, Persia, East Asia, the Caucus, South America, Africa and more.
      Billions followed Ra, billions followed Hindu and its 320 Million gods. Billions followed the Mayan ones.
      So, where is your starting point? Who is the first of the first?

If by the scientific approach, you have 250,000 years of religious clarification to muddle through. If by the sensationalist approach, only seven thousand or so. Either way, should keep you busy for a while.

25. menash profile image59
    menashposted 4 years ago

One man in each religion...Jesus....Mohammed...I am saying that it all started from one man so when disproving i am only talking about that one man happens to be billions followed...

26. menash profile image59
    menashposted 4 years ago

I am not trying to disprove all religions but what i am saying is that if one billion people of this earth are wrong. I know Jesus, Mohammad had a claim it might have been based on earlier belief systems but, they still had a new claim which a religion formed out of and they were both just one man when they claimed their claim. Jews on the other hand all experienced God for themselves, Moshe was just very close to God on a level that God could actually talk to him.

Well, if the present 5 billion, plus the collective billions before them were wrong, then humanity has enjoyed 7k~250k years of their own man-made entertainment. Simple. I am inclined to agree, for the most part ALL Theos is inadequate. Not right or wrong, per say, just inadequate. As you said, Moshe was likely the first to be "as close" by experience. And I am all about experience.

27. menash profile image59
    menashposted 4 years ago

Abraham or Abraham was the first to recognize God if that is your question...

According to the Hebrew text, Abram was the first to officially recognize Creator, in that region, yes. But there were many religions before that and around him -even across the oceans. Enoch's writing suggests there was a revolution among several religions, who carried the same beliefs, long before Abram.

28. menash profile image59
    menashposted 4 years ago

It wasn't just Moshe who experienced God first hand it was 600,000 men from ages 20-40 and their woman and children all heard God himself say the first two commandments as well as all the open miracles in Egypt and the splitting of the sea.

1. Cagsil profile image61

lol

Okay, so are you saying, what if Moshe and the 3M + woman, children were wrong?

29. menash profile image59
    menashposted 4 years ago

No, I am saying that no other religion has that many people as proof of what claimed to have happened. It would be impossible to make up such a claim because if only one of those 3M said it never happened to me than the whole thing is discredited.

30. menash profile image59
    menashposted 4 years ago

The more science the more you should appreciate god....

1. Cagsil profile image61

lol lol

31. Jerami profile image77
    Jeramiposted 4 years ago

Christians are worshiping the God of Abraham as does the Jewish community.

And Muhamed taught that he was visited by the same God that had made a covenant with the jewish people long ago and that "They" had fallen out of that covenant.

Judiasm, Christianity and Islamists all worship the same GOD.  But follow many, many different teachers.
      SOooo ...   One God !     Many, many, many different translations, interpretations and idiologies.

Who Is Wrong ?      I would say it be the person not following their own heart. 

Which opens another question!   Am I following my OWN  heart,  or am I following the heart of that person that taught me?
      In the beginning, we all had a teacher that introduced us to their faith.  Which is good!
    But, we are supposed to proceed beyond that point following our OWN heart.
    If we can not do that; then,  the teacher didn't finish their job.
        OR something like that.

working