jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Anyone believe in what are often referred to as 'ancestor spirits'?

1. Jonathan Janco profile image81
    Jonathan Jancoposted 4 years ago

I only ask because I have been experiencing these intense lucid dreams lately. They mostly involve places (or perhaps only one place) I have never seen or been to before. Whatever this place is it appears to be an American Indian reservation of some sort. I'm standing in front of a fire and all of this black smoke flows out of the top of my head. When the smoke stops emitting my head is examined by a chief or shaman who simply says, 'more healing'.
    I had this same dream many times over. I went to go see a friend of mine who makes her living as a psychic. I've always been skeptical about such things, so I didn't go into detail about the dreams I simply told her that I suspected I was being contacted by ancestor spirits or was experiencing a past life transgression. We both got into a deep meditative state and she began to speak in a soft, cautious tone as if she were repeating a dictation.
    As she spoke she described a scenario that I was (many incarnations ago) a shaman of the Ojibwe tribe who went on a vision quest and never returned. This created disastrous consequences for the tribe. She said they were asking if I would please make a pilgrimage to the Ojibwe reservation (failing to mention which one) before Christmas. I said I would be openminded to the prospect. And then, sort of half-jokingly, I asked, "So does this mean I shouldn't bother trying to find a better job or a life-mate?"
    Their response, through her: "Your job is to find your spiritual calling or soul urge. A healthier diet will improve your intuition. As for your life-mate, the two of you have already chosen each other before this incarnation."
    Needless to say, just hearing this has bizarre ramifications for me. Has anyone ever experienced something like this before? Does anyone out there believe this is even possible? I am open to all sorts of interpretation and advice. I've already been told by a few people that I'm crazy so that perspective has been covered.

1. lindalou1963 profile image79
      lindalou1963posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Very interesting. I personally believe its possible, though I have no experience with anything like this. I do often feel my mother's presence but its nothing like what your are going though. Maybe you could research Ojibwe tribes online and see if you can find one whose shaman left and didn't return. Search for legends, tales or stories, anything to help you pinpoint the exact tribe. Then go visit, if possible. Good luck!

1. Jonathan Janco profile image81
        Jonathan Jancoposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Researching legends is worth a thought. Duh! I should've already looked into that I guess.

2. pennyofheaven profile image81
      pennyofheavenposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Only you can confirm or not what it is you are to do. Do you have an inner urge to find something within you that you have always felt is there but don't know what or how to define what it is just yet? If so, then that is what whomever or whatever was pointing to. The way to help you better find that which is within seems to have been prescribed as well.

In your search only you will know what fits.

Any thing is possible.