jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

Being turned

1. georgepjr profile image79
    georgepjrposted 4 years ago

I know this is more of a question than anything but I think it'd be a cool topic, I have always heard stories from people who didn't believe and had something happen in their life then they believed what is your story?

1. pennyofheaven profile image80
      pennyofheavenposted 4 years ago in reply to this

An innocent and loving woman can turn into a whore and a drug addict
      A drug addict and whore can turn into a follower of faith
      A responsible hard working and loving father can turn into a child molester
      A child molester can turn into a follower of faith
      A follower of faith can turn into a child molester
      An assassin can turn into a follower of faith
      A follower of faith can turn into an assassin
      Death of a loved one can turn the faithful into being the faithless.

Life experiences and our choices will determine how, when and what we turn to or not.

georgepjrposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That is true and makes a lot of sense as well, that's why I put this forum I enjoy reading other people opinions when it comes to faith and religion.

2. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

This is usually something which is revealed during conversation in the forums of many different threads.

I was born and raised Catholic, went to classes and made my Communion. Sometime later at 17 years old I made my Confirmation. Not to mention, I was baptized in a church.

At the age of 22, after having been turned down from the dream job I wanted, I return to the church I grew up in and spoke with a Priest about the bible in which I continued to read. I have read it several times and having some questions about it, I approached the Priest with questions in mind, and all he did was point me back to the book.

I figured it was quite rude considering my question regarding the book, couldn't be answered within the book. I know, I looked. After that, I only stepped into a church for funerals of family and friends, out of respect for the dead.

I decided enough was enough and started to research the book itself and it's history, as well as, world religions and world history, and human development. During my 10+ years of study, I ended up dropping the belief altogether because of the revealed history of the book and human development.

What I learned during that time led me to a simple understanding.

(A) Life doesn't require any knowledge of any G/god to be understood.
    (B) Life doesn't require any knowledge of any G/god to be lived.

Conclusion: No G/god Required, Needed, Desired, Wanted or Warranted.

That's really interesting and makes a lot of sense.  I have always wondered what people saw in the bible just because it was man made, and it always drove me nuts thinking about how something like a simple book can be worshiped by so many.  On top of that it seems that no one can explain the book.  But in the aspect of religion in itself I believe in God but organized religion is a joke.  I really hate when people try to push that on other people I look at you no different because you don't believe but the people that would criticize you because of beliefs.  I am a truck driver and seeing a lot the the country and natural beauties of it really made me believe.

1. Cagsil profile image59
        Cagsilposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, I get that a lot. People make the claim that Nature itself and the wonderful beauty of Earth had to be planned or created by some intelligent force/power.

I call it the "shock and awe" syndrome people cannot get over.

I know I cant get over it but I'm glad you made that comment earlier not a lot of people do the research so meeting someone that has sat down and did their homework I applaud you

smile cool

3. jacharless profile image80
    jacharlessposted 4 years ago

Friend of mine was a sanguine slave. He hoped to be turned --into a vampire of course. When it failed to happen, he became an accountant and moved to South America.

ROLFMAO

Maybe he just wanted to be a fangbanger! haha

working