jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (12 posts)

A Pharisaical approach status?

1. Rina Pinto profile image58
    Rina Pintoposted 4 years ago

I live to thank God and sending out my morning Praises unto the King of Kings! Be Glorified o God my Lord - My mouth was made to sing a Praise of Thee, My hands were made to Raise a Praise unto Thee! My feet were set to dance before Thee to Magnify thy Holy Name, My eyes were set to trust and to behold the beauty of the Living God. Here I am O Lord, come before Thee to Exalt Thy Sovereign Power! My Jesus and my King! In a while @LifeLineMinistries - Dubai!

1. Christinme profile image59
      Christinmeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It is always acceptable to give Praise and glory to God. He adores our praises . I think the problem comes when our ego gets in the way . When we are too proud of ourselves and what we are doing for Jesus . It should never be about what "we" can do for Him but what He can do through us if we surrender to His will .  We worship God to glorify God , not to draw attention to ourselves, and prove how " spiritual" we are.
      I do bleieve we can worship God with our whole lives , whether we stand in a church "building" or not . We belong to our Saviour not a social club .

God bless you Rina xx

2. Dave Mathews profile image60
      Dave Mathewsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Rina: I will always and in everyway glorify Our Creator and Our Father Almighty God, for there is no one more worthy to be praised than He.

Rina Pintoposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Amen! .. None is worthy to be Praised but Yahweh, His Son Jesus and The Holy Spirit!

2. Rina Pinto profile image58
    Rina Pintoposted 4 years ago

so Christinme, thanks for passing by my forum..was my status fit for a believer of Jesus to status it in this style? May be it would be appropiate if i'd quoted a Scripture on Worship ..?

It is lovely Rina as you give God the glory , xxxxxx
      In my understanding the pharisees lifted themselves and thought they were better and more blessed that anyone else . You in no way say this .
      In His Love , xx

Thank you Christinme.. for knowing my heart and Passion for Jesus Christ. I meant to worship God from my heart! The Pharises were blind and just uttered the words for the sake to be good amongst fellow brethern. Their Lips said but their hearts were away from Worship!

Very true , they worshipped to look good themselves , but their hearts were blinded , xx

They had scales on their eyes and they loved to dwell in the dark but have the best of places of higher authority amongst people.

Still very true today xx

3. grand old lady profile image91
    grand old ladyposted 4 years ago

Hi Rina,

I love how much you are filled with joy in your faith. I must say, I do have my off days, but maybe I should take a tip from you, and praise God first thing in the morning, and try doing it all day in Jesus name. There is so much to be grateful for, and unfortunately, I am so forgetful about the attitude of gratitude. Thank you for sharing, and for the language you use, which conveys such enormous feeling:)

Thanks so much grandoldlady for your comments. Its a language that God understands .. this is not vain bablings .. its a true unceasing worship, where you give you soul, mind and body and surrender everything joyfully knowing that you before your King the Almighty Maker/ The Pharisees would do such a worship for name sake with pride and ego in themselves. Now when i say this status it means i have surrendered everything and coming before our Maker full emptied - a vessel that can be used for God's only Glory!

working