jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

What will happen when this Controversy Ends?

1. 59
    haj3396posted 4 years ago

And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places;
    Violence shall no more be heard in thy land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders; but thou shalt call thy walls Salvation, and thy gates Praise.And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.
    They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands. Isaiah 32:18; 60:18; 65:21-22.

1. Disappearinghead profile image88
      Disappearingheadposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ooh I think you've still got a couple centuries to wait for that one.

1. 59
        haj3396posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think not, why did God destroy the world the first time? Genesis 6:5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

Think Disappearinghead, what is the world like today?

1. pennyofheaven profile image82
          pennyofheavenposted 4 years ago in reply to this

What do you think is wrong with the world today. Are you focusing on the whole world or just part of it?

2. MelissaBarrett profile image60
          MelissaBarrettposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Not a whole lot damn different then it was 100 or a 1000 years ago.  People do bad things and religious nuts spout off about how those bad things are an indication that God is going to strike us down...

The general level of wickedness remains pretty constant.  Sorry... the world is indeed not going to hell in a handbasket.  At least not any more then it ever has.