jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (15 posts)

I dun it

1. Jerami profile image79
    Jeramiposted 4 years ago

I was just sitting here and thinking about some problems that some of my friends are having.
    And I thought about my problems which I have encountered through out my 63 years on this earth.

I as do those friends that I mentioned above were given free will to pursue whatever our hearts desireds.  …   “IF?”  the most important thing in life is to go fishing or climb mountains or have sex all day; I/we have that right to do so …  or what ever else it is that makes me/us happy.      BUT!     While I/we are spending all of my time chasing fishes or mountain tops , or having sex all day  …  I am NOT spending that time and effort attaining those other things which I spend so much time“Bitching” about cause I don’t have them.
    Some people blame God because God didn’t provide these things while they/we were chasing other stuff.
    Truer words have never been spoken than these ,,,  be careful what you wish for … cause you might get it!   
    Think about it before you/we spend your/our lives chasing what we think that we want.  Cause that is exactly what we have created for ourselves.
    And we don’t understand why the world is in the shape that it is in.    God dun it ?    NO  ..  we dun it.

Just wanted to write this down while I was thinking about it.    CAUSE life really is that simple      ISN"T IT?

1. pennyofheaven profile image78
      pennyofheavenposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes we individually and collectively. Parts that make up the never ending whole. I agree with Cags great thread.

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

Hey Jerami,

Nice message.

But, I would like to point out something though. If you create your own purpose for living, then you won't be chasing things which are irrelevant.

The problem is that people look at purpose of life, most incorrectly. Yes, there's a correct way to look at things and an incorrect way. A purpose is to be created by the individual, it's not to be granted or given.

Some people say their purpose in life is to serve G/god. Some people say that G/god has granted them purpose in life. Some people say that G/god has given them a purpose.

From what I have gathered, some people even believe that G/god demands you make him your purpose. And, that cannot be fair or just, and still grant you the ability to understand your own life.

As I have said in the past, the highest authority possible is self. We each control our actions. We each control which thoughts we act upon. When you truly understand yourself, you will find that there's no rhyme or reason for any other authority to exist.

Every human can live by conscience and those who don't, do so by choice. What does that say about the world we live in today? With all the chaos in the world, the inhumane and inhuman(experimentation) treatment of animals, diseases that have no cures, massive poverty, massive starvation, massive homelessness...what does that truly say about the average person?

Nice thread. smile

3. Jerami profile image79
    Jeramiposted 4 years ago

good morning Cagsil & penny  I also agree with most of what Cagsil said;   combine the two comments and that just about sums it up.
    It is about what we choose for our goal in life to be.  When we spend all our time chasing rabbits we can only blame ourselves for not having any canaries.

4. Haunty profile image85
    Hauntyposted 4 years ago

You do what you believe in to justify your life to yourself. Let's hope it's something nice you're doing, because controlling people's beliefs is evil.

Jeramiposted 4 years ago in reply to this

We can expose other people to different ideas or we can influence people to think differently than they already do or we can attempt to force people to confess beliefs which they don't have.

It would be the forced behavior which would be evil, depending upon our definition of what evil is.

2. pennyofheaven profile image78
      pennyofheavenposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You cannot control another's beliefs unless they first allow you to.

5. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

Forcing someone or anyone isn't good. Hence, can only be bad. wink

1. a49eracct profile image58
      a49eracctposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Bit without that other authority we cannot know what is good and bad..

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Only ignorance would demand a higher authority other than self.

Jeramiposted 4 years ago in reply to this

To put it simply; There are laws of the universe which do have authority over us.
          And it is unclear as to how broad and/or varried they happen to be.

I would agree that we are our own authority concerning some things, however, we are not the ultimate authority over all things which concern ourselves and or others.

1. Cagsil profile image60
            Cagsilposted 4 years ago in reply to this

roll

6. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

Amazingly, I really do wake up each morning with one of my first thoughts always being a sincere thankfulness of being allowed to experience another day where I can pretty much do what I want.

The hard times finally appear to be over for me. I can now spend my days doing good things for people and for society in general. For real and for serious. smile

1. paradigmsearch profile image89
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well, I have to retract my above post. I am so tired of life blanking with me... Looks like I'm going to lose the war after all...

7. Druid Dude profile image59
    Druid Dudeposted 4 years ago

Really fine forum going here. In my own half century plus here, I perceived self as being important, but that self is far from all there is. The universe outside of self exists, and all other things which exist including self is part of that whole. I, you, all of us, are the product of an extremely ancient lineage, and there are others coming after us, all related to us, in what is now far fewer degrees of separation than 6. Concentrate too much on self and no one will eventually like you, because it is true, that no one is an island unto themselves.

working