jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Mormonism and Joseph Smith

1. 0
    screamingposted 4 years ago

Could someone please explain to me the Mormon faith. I researched Joseph Smith and later Brigham Young and find it so different from my Christain beliefs.

1. 0
      rickyliceaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I heard this is a pretty good explanation.

you can use google to find out more info

2. Shadesbreath profile image90
      Shadesbreathposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The Internet makes it really easy to learn about stuff. Just Google: Mormon faith summary, or something like it.

And it's basically only different from your Christian faith in that they've added another book to the two that make up the Bible you are Familiar with. They've only done what Christianity already established as an acceptable precedent, which is to add additional stories and reorganize as required to fit new revelations, etc. I'm surprised more Christians aren't happy to learn about the new stuff young Joseph Smith discovered. It's like a lot of Christians don't believe it's real because nobody else saw what Joseph saw, but yet are fine believing other stuff that nobody saw either, even though its all the same god and stuff. The whole thing is perplexing to me.

2. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

Hey screaming, look up fellow hubber Shanna11. She is Mormon. From what I gathered, there's not many Mormons here.

3. 61
    passingthewordposted 4 years ago

I am a former Mormon. I have a few hubs and a lot of forums on the lds faith. if you would like you can look them up.