jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (13 posts)

How often do we call for help to saints

1. francisassissi profile image61
    francisassissiposted 4 years ago

As a Catholic, we venerate saints.

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

As a Catholic, most of your beliefs are pagan.

Your religion loses the true meaning of Christianity (approaching God) by instead letting a bunch of dead "community heroes" and "sacred bones" get in the way.

francisassissiposted 4 years ago in reply to this

But for us Catholics, salvation also is a cooperation. We have many options how do we get to heaven.
        We believe Peter as the authority here on earth to whom Jesus proclaimed.
        But thanks to your point.

2. pennyofheaven profile image82
      pennyofheavenposted 4 years ago in reply to this

So how often do you call on the saints? Venerating and summoning are two very different things.

1. Mark Johann profile image61
        Mark Johannposted 4 years ago in reply to this

We venerate saints every now and then especially on their feast day...so I am asking some Catholics so as to enrich our Catholic Faith.

1. pennyofheaven profile image82

Very interesting. Do they have different feast days or the same days?

francisassissiposted 4 years ago in reply to this

There are many saints and yes they have different feast days depending on the date of their sainthood, death or achievement as servant of God.

1. pennyofheaven profile image82

That is kind of cool.

2. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 4 years ago

I'm not Catholic and I don't know anything about your saints. But, I knew a girl whose daughter was miraculously saved when she prayed to one of them. There was no way around believing the prayer helped.

Oh, that is a miracle. Good story. Do you have a hub for that?

1. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No, I wasn't there to verify it.  Just a little anecdotal evidence for me to accept that maybe there is something to your saints.

3. Charity Squid profile image79
    Charity Squidposted 4 years ago

Venerating is not the same as worshiping them.  The church teaches that while we are here on earth, we can ask believers to pray for our needs; and it continues after when a believer dies and is in heaven. They continue to prayer for us unceasingly.  This is known as the Communion of Saints.  It would make sense to think that when we reach heaven we can pray for others on earth.

Absolutely fulfilling explanation battering right through my deepest part of my heart and mind.

working