jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

One Prayer at a Time, Please

1. A Troubled Man profile image62
    A Troubled Manposted 4 years ago

I will first refer to the movie, "Bruce Almighty" in which God asks Bruce for a prayer, his response was...

"Bruce: Lord, feed the hungry, and bring peace to all of mankind. How's that?
    God: Great... If you wanna be Miss America. "

While the answer from God was somewhat funny, it was a very good request. If God answers any prayers, then we can all ask God for the same prayer showing him we are all very serious about our prayers.

So, everyone should have one prayer and one prayer only, and when that prayer has been answered, we can then move on to another.

First prayer, "God, please feed the hungry."

Altogether now, let us pray...

1. 0
      Deepes Mindposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yeah.. But in that same speech, he mentioned that if Bruce wanted to see a miracle, then he needs to be the miracle.. Translation: if you want to see all of this, then don't come to me.. Get out there and do it yourself.

2. 0
    Emile Rposted 4 years ago

If I thought it would work I'd join in. We'd have better luck if we all promised to donate and volunteer at the nearest soup kitchen.

3. insearchof truth profile image87
    insearchof truthposted 3 years ago

It has always troubled me, troubled man, that Jesus actually didn't help the poor, or free the slaves. Although He did preach about mercy, giving and helping people in need. I love Jesus, but it confuses me.

A Troubled Manposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It confuses you because it makes no sense.

2. getitrite profile image80
      getitriteposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Use your critical thinking skills, and you'll soon figure it out....but sprinkle a generous amount of courage in the mix.

4. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image93
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 3 years ago

The reason there are bad (awful) things on earth, despite having religion, is that we have free agency in the mortal form. We are sent here to learn how to be better souls, and, sadly, there are some who just don't get it, so they harm others. There are diseases, because we are vulnerable beings to pestilence and germs. It's appalling to see how long it has taken for some people to 'get it,' and not harm others or enslave them. And some still haven't figured it out.

A Troubled Manposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Unfortunately, we are stuck with religions that will continue to harm us all.

2. Zelkiiro profile image84
      Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You're right. People starve to death in Zimbabwe because they choose not to eat.