jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

how to tell the other half your becoming a wiccan?

1. lou2212 profile image72
    lou2212posted 4 years ago

For around the last year or so I have decided to be wiccan, it feels like the right path for me. My other half isnt really into any religion or any spiritual path. I keep dropping hints but hes not getting it. Im not sure how to tell him. Ive got to come out of the broom closet so to speak. Any ideas on how to do it?

Happy wiccan harvest to everyone btw!

2. 0
    Emile Rposted 4 years ago

I would try something like....'I'm a wiccan.'

I don't mean to appear flippant, but what's the problem? It doesn't sound as if you think your significant other has any hangups.

lou2212posted 4 years ago in reply to this

He dont like all the religious stuff n im just worried how he will react I guess.

1. 0
        Emile Rposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Be yourself and be happy. That's the best anyone can do. If he loves you, he'll be happy for you. smile

1. diyomarpandan profile image60
          diyomarpandanposted 4 years ago in reply to this

1. 0
            Emile Rposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No. I'm sans any firm belief right now. Which, was quite a shock to my husband. But, the more he came to understand where I was coming from; the more comfortable he became. He realized that labels don't define who you are as a person. All of the important things between us were unchanged.

3. sabrebIade profile image85
    sabrebIadeposted 4 years ago

Sit down near him and start reading a book like " The Witches Shield" or something along those lines.
    If/When he takes notice and asks you why you are reading that, tell him you're interested in it.
    Then start the dialogue.
    OR you could go to Hulu and watch a "Bewitched" marathon.
    We know that's not accurate...but least it would be a subtle way of moving conversation in that direction.

4. kathleenkat profile image90
    kathleenkatposted 4 years ago

There's something I don't like about "I decided to become Wiccan."

Like you can decide whether or not to believe something? Faith, in a god, is something you feel in your heart.

As for your husband, you can start by telling him your beliefs, rather than throwing out a label like "Wiccan." (So he knows that "you are YOU", not "you are Wiccan," and you happen to believe in a goddess and etc.)

lou2212posted 4 years ago in reply to this

For your information kathleenkat, ive always believed in this with goddesses, it was noy until recently I found out what it comes under. Its not just a spure of the moment decision. Its took a long time for me to understand what I truely believe in. My other half does not believe in any type of religion thats why im a little hesitent to just come out and tell him. Im not meaning any of this in a badway and I respect your comment and that you for your contribution.

1. kathleenkat profile image90
        kathleenkatposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If you have always believed in God/Goddess, perhaps start there.

Does he already know those are your beliefs? Then tell him you wish to openly worship with others of similar beliefs, within a Wiccan coven.

5. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

Seems pretty cut & dried to me. Just say "Dude, I'm Wiccan." If he doesn't approve of it, that's his hang-up, not yours.

6. udontnomi profile image60
    udontnomiposted 4 years ago

When you tie him up, cut his thraot and
    throw him in the peat bog, he will get the idea.

Love hurts! You must make sacrifices.