LDS, God is from a planet named Kolob

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (41 posts)
  1. profile image52
    passingthewordposted 11 years ago

Yes the Church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints believe that there god was once a man, like us, and lived on a planet named Kolob.

1. A Troubled Man profile image58
      A Troubled Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I spent a summer vacation at Kolob one year, apparently they never heard Him.

2. pisean282311 profile image62
      pisean282311posted 11 years agoin reply to this

@passing whats wrong with that belief?...

1. psycheskinner profile image83
        psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It strikes me as no more silly than God getting a virgin pregnant and then letting his son be tortured.

1. pisean282311 profile image62

@psy its not silly...it is in holy book...it is god's word...god was infact once a man and lived in Kolob....

2. profile image0
          Greatest I amposted 11 years agoin reply to this

psycheskinner

What do you want from a deadbeat dad? Love or something? You have to remember that Jesus was what the 7 th man born of a virgin?

Regards
          DL

2. profile image52
        passingthewordposted 11 years agoin reply to this

lol, what is wrong is that this is not true and it is definitely not biblical (from the bible).

So it's from some other book.  Who cares? People believe silly stuff from books,  That's their right.

1. profile image52

you are right and I am sharing what they believe.

1. pisean282311 profile image62

@passing lol it is like telling superman is false and spiderman is true....infact we should congratulate them , atleast they were creative enough to come out with their imaginary story than following other imaginary story....m glad u could see atleast how illogical and untrue religious stories are...but that is same for all religions...

1. profile image52

Oh ya for a lot of religions but not for the bible.

1. udontnomi profile image56
                  udontnomiposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The Bible is your religion? It is the Mormon religion as well. The Bible is not God. The Bible is a book about God.

1. profile image0

Yes and is all myth.
                    Right?

2. profile image52

The bible is not a religion, it is the Word of God. Religion causes separation.
                    Mormons view on the bible 1Nephi (the book of Mormon) 13:29 because of these things which are taken away out of the gospel of the Lamb (the Bible), an exceedingly great many do stumble, yea, insomuch that Satan hath great power over them.
                    They believe that the bible cause people to stumble, fall, that it is not the truth. That is what they think of the bible.

2. profile image0

PTW

Not sure if you are joking but if not.

Then you believe in talking animals, and staffs that turn into snakes and water that will part on command do you?

Regards
                  DL

1. profile image52

Yes, and I believe that the water turned blood red. It has happened in recent history. 1986  Lake Nyos Cameroon.

2. kathleenkat profile image83
                kathleenkatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

0_0.

You just destroyed my dreams.

2. profile image0
    Greatest I amposted 11 years ago

http://www.milkandcookies.com/link/59507/detail/

All religions started this way.

Regards
    DL

1. Mighty Mom profile image78
      Mighty Momposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I am hereby founding a new religion.
      My god comes from Planet Hollywood.
      Our churches will be movie theaters.
      You are all invited to come worship with me.
      Services will last 120 minutes (+/-) and feature really cool CG and hot stars.
      Popcorn and Diet Coke will be served as communion.
      Pay no attention to that man in the screening room.
      smile

1. Greekgeek profile image78
        Greekgeekposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm pretty sure L Ron Hubbard already tried this stunt and came up with Scientology.

On the other hand, yours sounds more entertaining.

I'll stick to the Church of FSM, thanks.

2. jacharless profile image74
        jacharlessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

LMAO!

3. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 11 years ago

I thought he was from Kebab.

4. udontnomi profile image56
    udontnomiposted 11 years ago

I will never undermine the faith of another. It is un-American and rubs hard against the goads of the greater universe. Shame on you. Your belief system has no foundation. You are being swept up in a swirling, amorphous cloud of confusion and inner turmoil.

1. profile image52

It is not another faith It was mine. I grew up LDS. And it is my right to expose the false teachings that was drilled in my head for years.
      What is so bad about tell people what the LDS believe. I am sharing truth, They believe their god comes from kolob. I would understand your view if i was spreading lies, but i am not. It is true this is what they believe.

I see your point. Since there is only life on Earth. This is impossible. I am reminded of what Samuel Clemens said about the book of Mormon after he read it, "The real miracle was that John Smith could stay awake long enough to write it."

I found it to be contrived with Jesus settling questions of doctrine and theology that did not surface until after the reformation. Still, Mormons make good neighbors and I keep my petty doubts to myself.

1. profile image52

well thank you.
          I am not speaking against the people. I speak against the doctrine.
          Oh ya, it's Joseph Smith.

2. psycheskinner profile image83

Finally we get to the roots of why you started an account here just to rail monotonously against LDS.

Honestly, all religions have silly beliefs. Non-believers also have silly beliefs.  The human race overall is pretty silly and it ain't gonna change any time soon.

You are a defeatist? You are resigned to silliness? My kind of gal.

2. profile image52

Ya you are right. But what gets me is that they take the bible take what they want and change what they want.
          They get in your door by using what people know (the bible). then when they have their hooks on you they tell you that the bible is not fully true so here is this other book(the Book of Mormon) the "truer then true,"  "the full truth"
          Just like others that started their own cults.

5. profile image56
    meanpeaceposted 11 years ago

Whoa, so a planet was made first then God..... Hmm seems more logical to have a creator before having a creation...

1. profile image52

Lds believe that our God was once and man that serve his God. and that, that god made our GOd, god.
      Did you get that? lol

I don't "get" God regardless of how you explain it.  All forms of God worship and creation myth look about equally implausible. A woman made out of a rib? All the world's species in one boat?  LDS is no more of a stretch than that.

2. profile image56
        meanpeaceposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Whos on 1st, gotchya :-D

6. profile image56

As far as plausability goes nothing is. All that is, is that you are. Everything else is hear or see say. Research God on your own account, for what can be found in a book cant be found in the begining. Made from a rib, sure why not, its like saying we came from a dark hole (vagina).  All the worlds species in 1 boat sure, a vitamin holds "all" minerals. Let not that hold rellevency to the exsistence of a original creator of the force of life....

Except I have actually seen mammals come out of vaginas, so I know that can happen. And a vitamin does not hold all minerals, nor would that relate in any way to the impossibility of the ark story.

I did my own research.  I read the Bible.  Meh.  I see no objective reason to say one flavor of J-C deism is more rational or more silly than the other.

If you want to have faith in something that means you just believe it no mater how irrational it may seem.  I'm cool with that, but the right extends equally to Mormons. Saying they believe silly stuff is to overlook the log in your own eye.

7. profile image56

Cant always base things on what you see. (remember the game peekaboo, or the wind, love, insert more here) 
    Especially even the concept of God. Let alone something capable of bieng such a contributing force. How can something so long ago or indescribable (God), be portrayed in any true maner other than interpretation no matter the sourse, even original sourse

The " " were to put emphases without the expression on not All vitamins hold all mineralls. That goes without saying. 

What can hold all of all, let alone all of small for who is to say it is all of all. 
    Theres proof sometimes ya just got make your own scripture up :-D

I concur, the view isnt what thats important. The absense of faith is where its at. Just getting out of bed without looking at the ground, knowing its there, is enough. 
    Religeon is like someone shouting hey theres no ground beneath the bed dont get out, right when you wake up, or is it after or before hmm o well anyhow its irellevant to our opportunitity to live. Piss on a euology.
    You said it best we are all equall. Good venture on your cloning. 

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)