jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Life's Changes

1. profile image60
    bones0614posted 4 years ago via iphone

Some things will never change, while some things must change. The challenge is to not let anything change who you are. Always strive to change for the better how people see you, strive to make yourself happy, strive to better yourself. Do not dwell on the past only learn from it. Do not live in the future only plan on it. Think about the now and live for today. The only happiness in the world is the happiness you take from it.

1. weekend profile image59
      weekendposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If I were to take your advice, I'd actually change who I am. Yet you clearly begin by telling the reader: "The challenge is to not let anything change who you are."

2. A Troubled Man profile image59
      A Troubled Manposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Doesn't the former contradict the latter?

2. profile image60
    bones0614posted 4 years ago

What I was saying is do not change who you are as a person, your morals or beliefs, for anyone. Find who you are and improve upon it. This may not make sense to you but one piece of advice will never meet the needs of everyone. The few that understand it are the ones that need it.

1. Quilligrapher profile image89
      Quilligrapherposted 4 years ago in reply to this

How are you, Bones.

It seems to me if I refuse to change my morals or my beliefs I am refusing to change myself for the better. I am closing my mind to new knowledge and personal growth. This sounds like doublespeak. Advice that is understood by only a few is not universal wisdom; therefore, it is advice that is useless for most people.
      http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6919429.jpg

3. profile image60
    bones0614posted 4 years ago

Like I said some things will never change while some things must change. Change in the world is inevitable. Change in people is inevitable. If you change who you are constantly to try and adapt or fit it you will never be yourself. No one will ever know who you are. You for instance probably have a kid. After the kid was born you probably didn't change yourself much except for wanting to be a better person for him/her. To be a good role model. You didn't change who you were. You changed how people looked at you. Tried to better yourself to be someone who is looked up to. This is just general speaking you may not have a kid. I'm just giving an example. And as for this helping a few I never said this was universal wisdom and that millions of people would find it useful. I am just speaking my mind and thoughts. If you do not agree with them that is fine. That's your opinion and you have a right to it.

4. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 4 years ago

"Some things will never change, while some things must change. The challenge is to not let anything change who you are. i think life's experiences have changed who i am - nothing wrong with that...experiences have added to who i am Always strive to change for the better how people see you, any changes - are for me, not necessarily for others strive to make yourself happy, strive to better yourself. Do not dwell on the past only learn from it. Do not live in the future only plan on it. Think about the now and live for today. living in the moment makes sense to me The only happiness in the world is the happiness you take from it."

working