The Armor Of God

1. DeaneMc profile image61
    DeaneMcposted 7 years ago

The Armor of God

Ephesians 6:10-20

Finally be strong in the Lord and in his great power."Put on the full armor of God so that you can fight against the devils evil tricks". Our fight is not against people on earth but against the rulers and authorities and powers of this world's darkness, against the spiritual powers of evil in the heavenly world. That is why you need to put on God's full armor. Then on the day of evil you will be able to stand strong. And when you have finished the whole fight, you will be still be standing. So stand strong with the belt of truth tied around your waist and protection of right living on your chest. On your feet wear the Good News of peace to help you stand strong. And also use the shield of faith which you can stop all the burning arrows of the evil one. Accept God's salvation as your helmet and take on the sword of the spirit, which is the Word of God. Pray in the spirit at all times with all kinds of prayers, asking for everything you need. To do this you must always be ready and never give up. Always pray for me that when I speak, God will give me the words so that I can tell the secret of the Good News without fear. I have been sent to preach this Good News and I am doing that now, here in prison. Pray that when I preach the Good News I will speak without fear, as I should.

This is Paul's writings from the New Testament. He was being persecuted for preaching the Good News of Jesus Christ. We are so "Blessed" here in the United States, we can preach the Gospel, the Good News on the radio, on television. We have many churches and we can speak of the Lord Jesus Christ in the public. Even though not everybody wants to hear it, we are not put in prison or killed. Many people in other countries are killed every day for speaking of Jesus Christ. They are taught to believe in different God's, but not Jesus Christ.

Have you ever wondered if there was no purpose or reason for people to believe in Jesus why they don't allow him to be talked about. Why would they be threatened by Him if they don't believe He exist?

No one is perfect. NOT Any person. But to live a life filled with faith and trust in the Lord Jesus, it makes a big difference. One that has truly experienced salvation can't go back to their old ways of living and be content. When Jesus enters into our heart's, the light shines and breaks the darkness. Why would any body want to go back to the darkness? I am not saying we want have bad days, but I am saying that Jesus will and does give us the peace that passes all understanding when some those days come.

Should the day ever come here and we are told if we speak about Jesus we will be put to death or put in prison, will we be strong enough to trust in Him and take that stand? Or will we turn away from believing and serving Him, to be save our life.

Truly the Bible says, if any man lives to save his life, he will die, but to die for the cause of Christ. we will surely, Live !  One way or another we will all reap what we sow.

God tells us in Ephesians, how to live this kind of life and overcome that darkness. It is a daily battle but with God, all things are possible. Only Believe ! This may be a little hard to understand so I am asking that for whoever reads this and really wants understanding, God will give it to them.
    Be Blessed in the Lord Jesus and may your eyes be opened and your hearts be made ready to receive what the Lord wants you to receive.

1. SparklingJewel profile image67
      SparklingJewelposted 7 years ago in reply to this

"Our fight is not against people on earth but against the rulers and authorities and powers of this world's darkness, against the spiritual powers of evil in the heavenly world."

When St. Paul said this, he was talking about the corruption of the soul that each person has to deal with at some point in time, and overcome to be fully One with Christ.

What is the verse from Paul that says something to the effect of "...the things that I do or say that are not that which I want to do or say in Christ..." ?

Do you know which verse I mean? He was talking about this "corruption" in our being that is a part of the carnal mind, that does not want to allow the Christ in.

Understanding this is the way of the mystical paths of all the original world's religions. Any soul on earth that chooses to become One with Christ will eventually have to deal with this "devil/evil" of self, and in the warfare of the Spirit overcome it.

when all souls have overcome it, that is when the Kingdom of God and the "New Heaven" and "New Earth" will be.