jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Atheists Are Getting To Be As Bad As Christians

1. Praetor profile image61
    Praetorposted 4 years ago

As anyone who has read my writing knows, I'm not a fan of religion. I'm also not a fan of wannabe trolls, masquerading as atheists, preaching their nonsense louder than most Christians.

You don't believe in God? That's fine, we get it.

You think that religion is a dangerous, and potentially destructive institution? Hey, I'm right there with you.

But knock it off with the b.s. attacks on religion simply for the sake of attacking religion. I'm not a Christian, but I still say "Merry Christmas" to people. I'm not Jewish, but I won't serve Shrimp Cocktail when my Jewish friends are over for dinner.

There are honest-to-goodness problems in this world, stop wasting time on the cosmetic ones.

2. 0
    Emile Rposted 4 years ago

How would they be holier than thou if they couldn't preach nonsense?

I enjoy reading the atheistic viewpoint; except when it is presented with the same amount of arrogant and egotistical assurance as a religionist displays. The church gave us the Spanish Inquisition and now we have the Dawkins Inquisition; courtesy of the most militant of the atheistic viewpoints. Thank goodness they don't get to burn the heretics at the stake these days.

1. Praetor profile image61
      Praetorposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It's getting difficult to tell the two apart these days.

2. A Troubled Man profile image60
      A Troubled Manposted 4 years ago in reply to this

3. weFTL profile image59
    weFTLposted 4 years ago

We've become so engrossed in bad mouthing religion that we've become extremists ourself... Not that we shouldn't continue, but we should definitely stop trying to make atheism what it isn't.

1) Religion is a sense of belief. Atheism is a lack of belief, and therefore isn't a thing.
    2) Us atheists should adopt the apathetic view, and just stop giving a crap about it... Let the ecclesiastical moon faces waste there lives in a downward spiral in to disillusionment and disappointment.

Here endeth the first lesson...