Do you know Muhammad (Peace be upon Him) ?

Jump to Last Post 1-31 of 31 discussions (82 posts)
  1. mrnasir profile image58
    mrnasirposted 11 years ago
    1. Mash 99 profile image39
      Mash 99posted 11 years agoin reply to this

MUHAMMAD(PBUH) IN THE EYES OF NON-MUSLIM THINKERS AND SCHOLARS
      ===============================================================
      "In the face of those who do not understand him and still pour forth torrents of abuse on the Prophet and shamefully scandalize him, what better homage to Prophet Muhammad can we pay than quote the testimony of great Western historians, thinkers and scholars who expressed their views on the greatest of benefactors of humanity." ...

http://www.google.com.pk/url?sa=t&r … I2r5gAQHDQ

2. Monisa Ahmed profile image60
      Monisa Ahmedposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes, indeed HE (PBUH) is the role model of mankind. ALLAH gave his the quran to guide others for a better future and to explain people that they will be tested in their deeds in the world, in the hereafter. That man is set accountable for the deeds and to only worship ALLAH alone , the Eternal and the most Compassionate.

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
        Disappearingheadposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Not sure if he was much of a role model when the Quran is littered with commands to slaughter unbelievers, and I wouldn't marry a little girl.

But if he was such a great role model of peace and love, how come the Taliban, Al Qaeda, Muslim Brotherhood, Iranian Government, Hamas, etc don't follow his example?

1. aa lite profile image86
          aa liteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Good point.  But if Jesus Christ was all about loving thy neighbour and turning the other cheek, how come we had the crusades, the inquisition, burning people alive in the name of religion and all the other stuff.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image61
            Hollie Thomasposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I was thinking something similar myself. Each religion has something beautiful, and ugly, to offer. If we insist on taking literally words spoken so long ago, then we need to put it all into some kind of context, comparatively. In this respect, I don't believe that there is a religion which comes out on top.

3. profile image0
      Emile Rposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I suppose we can all google questions on the internet. I just googled 'Did George Bernard Shaw Praise Islam?"  This is what I found:

Did George Bernard Shaw praise Islam?

Some Muslims are saying that George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950) appreciated Islam. However, he was a secular man, searching to find the truth. Therefore he travelled to many parts of the world like the Middle East, India, the Far East and Southeast Asia. So, Bernhard Shaw experienced a lot, including the friendly behavior and tolerance of Middle East people with Islam. From a traveler point of view and as citizen of the British Empire visiting British colonies, he had not seen Islam in its true character. However, Shaw was smart enough to mention his reservations to Islam:

“Islam is very different, being ferociously intolerant. What I may call Manifold Monotheism becomes in the minds of very simple folk an absurdly polytheistic idolatry, just as European peasants not only worship Saints and the Virgin as Gods, but will fight fanatically for their faith in the ugly little black doll who is the Virgin of their own Church against the black doll of the next village. When the Arabs had run this sort of idolatry to such extremes [that] they did this without black dolls and worshipped any stone that looked funny, Mahomet rose up at the risk of his life and insulted the stones shockingly, declaring that there is only one God, Allah, the glorious, the great… And there was to be no nonsense about toleration. You accepted Allah or you had your throat cut by someone who did accept him, and who went to Paradise for having sent you to Hell.” [1]

Conclusion: George Bernard Shaw was secular and not a supporter of Islam.

Thanks for that Emile.

1. profile image0

No problem. I'm a little impatient with the argument for Islam right now. It appears the Boston bomber suspects are Islamic. Raised in the states and radicalized in the states. If true, that is simply one more nail in the coffin of belief that Islam is peaceful.

1. Jake4102 profile image70
            Jake4102posted 11 years agoin reply to this

That is a little unfair to blame an entire religion on a few radicals. If that were the case we should also have a distaste for Christianity for the Westboro Baptist Church and the KKK and other religious extremist organization. Every group has its crazies, religious or not.

1. profile image0

I personally believe that Christianity should do more to renounce, and dispel, radical elements from their ranks. But, I don't see the Westboro  Baptist hiding behind cowardly terrorist acts on innocent civilians. At least they have the intestinal fortitude to show their demented and prejudicial faces. Publicly stand up and speak out without setting off bombs and then running to hide. I may not like them, but they have the right to freedom of speech. As do radical Muslims. But the radicals prefer to plant bombs instead of seek dialogue.

But, the point is, this is not the American way of dealing with each other. These boys weren't raised in such an environment. No religion should be allowed to turn people into terrorists. If the religion can't police itself, I begin to question why.

2. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 11 years ago

Mohammed, like Jesus, is known to the world by the actions of his most vocal followers.

3. Monisa Ahmed profile image60
    Monisa Ahmedposted 11 years ago

They do not follow his example, it is as simple as that. In ISLAM it is said that if a man kills other man, it is considered as killing the entire mankind.

Why all the verses about slaughtering infidels then?

4. Monisa Ahmed profile image60

Where is the verse show me?

Quran (2:191-193) - "And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution [of Muslims] is worse than slaughter [of non-believers]... but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful.   And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah."

Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority"

Quran (4:74) - "Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward."

Quran (4:89) - "They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (From what is forbidden). But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks."

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Quran (8:39) - "And fight with them until there is no more fitna (disorder, unbelief) and religion should be only for Allah"

Quran (9:5) - "So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captive and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them."

Quran (9:30) - "And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah; and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; may Allah destroy them; how they are turned away!"

Quran (17:16) - "And when We wish to destroy a town, We send Our commandment to the people of it who lead easy lives, but they transgress therein; thus the word proves true against it, so We destroy it with utter destruction."

Quran (33:60-62) - "If the hypocrites, and those in whose hearts is a disease, and the alarmists in the city do not cease, We verily shall urge thee on against them, then they will be your neighbors in it but a little while.  Accursed, they will be seized wherever found and slain with a (fierce) slaughter."

Quran (47:3-4) - "Those who reject Allah follow vanities, while those who believe follow the truth from their lord.  Thus does Allah set forth form men their lessons by similitude.  Therefore when you meet in battle those who disbelieve, then smite the necks until when you have overcome them, then make (them) prisoners,"

Quran (48:29) - "Muhammad is the messenger of Allah. And those with him are hard (ruthless) against the disbelievers and merciful among themselves"

1. cheaptrick profile image74
        cheaptrickposted 11 years agoin reply to this

WOW!
        You're my New favorite hubber!

1. ArmMasud profile image59
          ArmMasudposted 10 years agoin reply to this

@cheaptrick
          open the link and see:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twS8K_6ZIYo&list

5. Monisa Ahmed profile image60

The very first verse you had taken is true brother, it is written to slay the non believers when a war takes place, it is the commandment of the almighty GOD.for understanding this you take an example when there is war between two communities, as it is a continous sentence, it also as that if the disbelievers say not to slay them , then leave them. Now i say one think to you if a man is a non believer and if a believer comes to kill him, will the man say oh ,please kill me? NO. He will ask for his life.

1. A Troubled Man profile image59
      A Troubled Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Those verses cause wars.

2. ArmMasud profile image59

Al-Baqara:190
      "Fight in the cause of Allah with those who fight against you, but do not exceed the limits. Allah does not like transgressors."

1. aka-dj profile image65
        aka-djposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Jesus said " Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbour as yourself". (No killing required.)

1. ArmMasud profile image59

alright I agreed, but if Muhammad replace with Jesus, and Jesus replace with Muhammad, means Muhammad face to Rome, Jesus face to Quraish people.., what do you think

1. aka-dj profile image65
            aka-djposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Sorry. I don't play that game.
            The two cannot be substituted one for the other.

1. Righteous Atheist profile image60
              Righteous Atheistposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Your religion is the best one then? wink

6. Monisa Ahmed profile image60

And my dear brother disappearinghead , i don't know what your name is, but I'll say you one thing only that when you start to read the Quran you should read the continuity of the verses called para, not just a gist of the verse. That killing is only a verse of the chapter WHEN THERE IS A WAR. One can only understand if the reader reads the verses above it. When there is a war, people do not sit idle, they fight. When a person who is a non-believer comes to kill a believer in a war, we cannot sit idle, we have to fight. And suppose if a believer comes to kill a non-believer in a war ,he cannot sit idle or say come and kill me. He got two options ,either to fight or to repent and say i do not want the war. Then the Almighty says that if the disbelievers say so and so then leave them. There is no where written in the Quran to create war and kill people. But if someone comes or try's to kill you, you cannot sit idle. So for understanding the Quran better one should always read it from the start ,not a verse and declare as false and also the Ahadith.

So that's why many Muslims seek to start a war then; the Quran gives them licence to kill unbelievers. I am under no illusion Monisa that if ever the Islamic communities were to outbreed the indigenous populations of Europe, they will outlaw all other religions. Christians, Jews, atheists will be killed.

They are well on their way DH...check out birth rate stats and What Qaddafi said becomes crystal clear.

2. A Troubled Man profile image59

First of all, a religion should not be providing commands when it comes to military and strategic thought, let alone the notion of offering only two options. But, that's the first thing a Muslim will do when in any confrontation situation; fight. There are far more options then fighting or repenting.

But of course, there really was no such thing as military and strategic thought 1400 years ago, there were only two options.

So, why does a holy book guide it's followers in war? That would only serve to show that if Allah did indeed create as all, He created us knowing that we would war against one another. That makes no sense.

What does make sense is that those verses are merely a snapshot of the medieval mindset back then, submerged in myth and superstition with black, white and red the only colors of spectrum they choose to see.

Quran (4:76) - "Those who believe fight in the cause of Allah…"

Quran (4:74) - "Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward."

If that is so obvious, why does it need to be written in a holy book as a command from Allah? Why are Muslims so obsessed with others trying to kill them?

It must be a persecution complex ATM. I suspect that Muhammed knew people wouldn't believe his claims without supporting evidence. So the solution is to demonise the unbeliever. Then when war breaks out over land, camels, goats, etc, Muhammed can say "Oh they are fighting against Allah and his true servants, lets kill them and say Allah told us to do it.".

That's the part which is so commonly misunderstood, there weren't really any disbelievers, except those who, from the perspective of a Muslim, didn't want to give up their religions and gods in order to accept Islam.

If you read those verses, picture Muhammad attempting to incite his followers to fight against the rich tribal merchants of Mecca. Makes sense, doesn't it.

2. profile image0
          Rad Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The Christians an the Israelites did the same.

2. cheaptrick profile image74

Wow Again!Your my other new favorite hubber!

7. Monisa Ahmed profile image60

All the other verses do not say about killing dear, they are some saying the glimpses of the history when there was a war taking place and the Almighty speaking himself. But I'll inshaALLAH make you understand each and every verse one by one. As I'm a housewife currently i'm busy always.

1. janesix profile image60
      janesixposted 11 years agoin reply to this

More than one verse advocating killing is necessary? I think one is enough.

Ya!...just like in the Bible...

2. ArmMasud profile image59

Quran
      sura (Mary = 19)
      19:1
      "[This is] a mention of the mercy of your Lord to His servant Zechariah"

"(This is) a recital of the Mercy of thy Lord to His servant Zakariya."

19:3
      "When he called to his Lord a private supplication."

19:4
      "Praying: "O my Lord! infirm indeed are my bones, and the hair of my head doth glisten with grey: but never am I unblest, O my Lord, in my prayer to Thee!"

19:5
      ""Now I fear (what) my relatives (and colleagues) (will do) after me: but my wife is barren: so give me an heir as from Thyself,-"

19:6
      "Who will inherit me and inherit from the family of Jacob. And make him, my Lord, pleasing [to You].""

19:7
      " [He was told], "O Zechariah, indeed We give you good tidings of a boy whose name will be John. We have not assigned to any before [this] name." "

19:8
      " He said: "O my Lord! How shall I have a son, when my wife is barren and I have grown quite decrepit from old age?" "

19:9
      " [An angel] said, "Thus [it will be]; your Lord says, 'It is easy for Me, for I created you before, while you were nothing.' " "

19:10
      " [Zechariah] said, "My Lord, make for me a sign." He said, "Your sign is that you will not speak to the people for three nights, [being] sound." "

19:11
      " So he came out to his people from the prayer chamber and signaled to them to exalt [ Allah ] in the morning and afternoon. "

19:12
      " [ Allah ] said, "O John, take the Scripture with determination." And We gave him judgement [while yet] a boy "

8. Monisa Ahmed profile image60

Persecution is a planned ill-behavior towards someone of a specific group, that i think you know. When there is misunderstanding between two tribes at that time of the PROPHET(PBUH) , the disbelievers created persecution and drove the believers out of their lands of Mecca, for this you have to read the history of the prophet(pbuh ). They caused war against the believers who believe in one GOD. At that time this verse was given to the prophet (pbuh), dear brother, the GOD said to fight for a cause..and also the GOD SAID that if the disbelievers say do not fight, then leave them.

1. janesix profile image60
      janesixposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Pretty interesting, sinse Mohammed only had three followers during his lifetime (who promptly started fighting among themselves and killing each other after his death)

Mecca was his land? Hardly.

Muhammad and his followers began fighting with the rich merchants of Mecca, who got rich due to the fact Mecca was the center for the more than 300 gods believed to exist amongst all the tribes on the Arab peninsula. It had absolutely nothing to do with disbelievers because the tribes all had their own religious beliefs and gods, so they were not disbelievers. And, since they already had their own religion, they didn't need or want to accept Islam, so Muhammad and his followers incited war.

Nothing would have ever happened if not for Muhammad and his followers demanding others convert to Islam.

9. Monisa Ahmed profile image60

Dear troubled man and disappearinghead , the religion is not evil dear. The context you both apply is not about killing but killing for a cause. I'm saying when someone causes a war, you cannot sit idle.

Dear Monisa, yes it is.

And, that just makes it soooo much more credible and valid.

Yes, you immediately jump in with both feet and start warring right along with whoever is causing it.

Then, there are the wars (Muslim Conquests) caused by Muhammad and his religion.

2. Disappearinghead profile image60

Killing for a cause? And the cause of Islam is to spread Islam, and when people refuse it, the killing starts. We know this because of all the quotes from the Quran about killing mercilessly the infidels.

10. aa lite profile image86
    aa liteposted 11 years ago

No, I don't know him personally.  Why do you?

11. Hollie Thomas profile image61
    Hollie Thomasposted 11 years ago

EDIT: Maybe Buddhism.

1. JMcFarland profile image68
      JMcFarlandposted 11 years agoin reply to this

mostly Buddhism does not fall under the category of a religion, but a philosophy since most Buddhists (depending on the type and location) do not recognize or worship a deity.

True, I still think of them as a religion though. Perhaps that's due to my heathen nature. smile

1. JMcFarland profile image68
          JMcFarlandposted 11 years agoin reply to this

As an atheist, I don't have much of a problem with Buddhists as a general rule.  Most of the Buddhists I know are atheists themselves.

Atheist also. Still think there is something quite beautiful about Buddhism.

12. Monisa Ahmed profile image60

Dear disappearing head, when the verses above says as you quoted about killing it doesn't show that we have to kill people only because they don't accept Islam. It's not what you are thinking dear, the a person suppose a believer comes to kill me, i cannot sit idle and say come and kill me, did you get my point? In the days of the blessed Prophet(pbuh), the Arabs used to do idol worship and say that there was no GOD. When the prophet(pbuh ) attained prophethood at the age of fourty, he was given the quran verses by GOD. Those years before his age, he used to meditate looking to a sign and reason why it is so difficult to live like this as if left alone. The first verse above you mentioned were given to him when the Arabs tortured the prophet(pbuh), here I'm saying about persecution. Then the prophet (pbuh) used to live with his companions in the outskirts of mecca city. Those Arabs at that time were really stubborn headed, they wanted war and they wanted to kill the Prophet (pbuh). So they broke war against him and the Lord saying he is a lier. So that is why ALLAH says in the Quran :
    Quran (2:191-193) - "And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution [of Muslims] is worse than slaughter [of non-believers]... but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful.   And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah."
    Then again ALLAH SAYS: in the same verse that if they say that they do not want the war, even if they started it, then do not fight with them. You see dear how it is said by GOD.
    Anybody will not go for a fight if there is a reason behind it. When these people ,the ARABS, started the fight , THE Prophet cannot sit idle and say come and kill me. Did you get my point, you have to go and fight. But if they say that they do not want the fight, then lo! Because ALLAH is oft-forgiving and the most Compassionate.

No, you will rush and attempt to kill him, that is the option provided by the Quran, it is not the only option and it is one of the worst options. Do you get the point? The point is that Islam teaches you to jump to being violent when there is violence present. That is reprehensible.

That is entirely false, all the Arab tribes had their own gods and religions to follow.

There is no evidence for that, Muhammad most likely made everything up himself.

That is entirely false, again. Muhammad and his followers incited rebellion against the Meccan merchants and those who had their own gods and religions. He demanded they accept Islam.

The Arabs did not start the fighting, Muhammad and his followers started ALL the fighting.

So, the Prophet got his followers to incite war.

13. Monisa Ahmed profile image60

Disappearinghead you say---What if someone has tested the Quran and concludes that they don't believe it? You say Christians are guilty of false worship, so what happens to them? Does Allah send them to hell after Muslims have been authorised to kill them?

For example, Muhammed tells us that alcohol is forbidden. I don't believe him as God gave us beer and wine because he wants us to be happy. Similarly, I love a bacon sandwich, Muhammed says no. Why should I listen to him just because he doesn't like pork?

Answer:if you think that GOD has given wine to make you happy, so you think you are really happy? GOD says in the QURAN that the wine is prohibited for our own good. The wine is more likely to injure the parts of your body, such as kidney failure and liver infections. We all study this is science.
    Suppose if GOD did not prohibited the wine for us, think what it would be like, it would be worse,isn't it? Suppose a person being drunk drives the car, he is more likely to have an accident that may injure him and the surrounding situations, a pedestrian or damage property,,,,don't you think it is a heavy loss? Most people have an addiction towards the wine, in that state people are uncontrollable as they loose their senses which may result in high depression and can have a change in behaviour acting abnormally.
    Then GOD prohibited pork in the QURAN. Well i think you should make an effort to find out why?can you just answer me this simple question with some scientific research?

Islamic propaganda full of sweeping generalisations. It has been shown that there are health benefits for drinking alcohol as well as the well being and happiness that results.

So Muhammed has an alcohol problem and forbids it for everyone else. That's his problem not ours.

Billions of people enjoy alcohol and pork. Sorry Muhammed, you can take your opinions elsewhere.

Muhammad was wrong about alcohol, beer actually has saved the world from its own destruction...

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/how-beer … the-world/

No, you don't study science. Muhammad was wrong, again. There are benefits to wine according to science...

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/red-wine/HB00089

Drinking and driving has absolutely nothing to do with the benefits of drinking wine. Did Allah reveal that in the Quran about driving cars? LOL.

Yet, we only observe that behavior when people abuse wine, but we can see that behavior when people abuse anything, like our intellects, for example and your posts.

Science has nothing to do with Muhammad prohibiting pork, which instead goes back way before Islam to the Old Testament...

And the pig, though it has a split hoof completely divided, does not chew the cud; it is unclean for you. You must not eat their meat or touch their carcasses; they are unclean for you.
          Leviticus 11:7-8

A similar prohibition is also found in the Qur'an:

He hath only forbidden you dead meat, and blood, and the flesh of swine, and that on which any other name hath been invoked besides that of God.
          Surat-ul Baqara (2):173

14. Monisa Ahmed profile image60

Is it troubling you disappearinghead only because it is spreading?

WAS ISLAM SPREAD BY THE SWORD? Question: How can Islam be called the religion of peace when it was spread by the sword? Answer: It is a common complaint among some non-Muslims that Islam would not have millions of adherents all over the world, if it had not been spread by the use of force. The following points will make it clear, that far from being spread by the sword, it was the inherent force of truth, reason and logic that was responsible for the rapid spread of Islam.
    1. Islam means peace. Islam comes from the root word ‘salaam’, which means peace. It also means submitting one’s will to Allah (swt). Thus Islam is a religion of peace, which is acquired by submitting one’s will to the will of the Supreme Creator, Allah (swt).
    2. Sometimes force has to be used to maintain peace. Each and every human being in this world is not in favour of maintaining peace and harmony. There are many, who would disrupt it for their own vested interests. Sometimes force has to be used to maintain peace. It is precisely for this reason that we have the police who use force against criminals and antisocial elements to maintain peace in the country. Islam promotes peace. At the same time, Islam exhorts it followers to fight where there is oppression. The fight against oppression may, at times, require the use of force. In Islam force can only be used to promote peace and justice.
    3. Opinion of historian De Lacy O’Leary .
    The best reply to the misconception that Islam was spread by the sword is given by the noted historian De Lacy O’Leary in the book “Islam at the cross road” (Page 8): “History makes it clear however, that the legend of fanatical Muslims sweeping through the world and forcing Islam at the point of the sword upon conquered races is one of the most fantastically absurd myth that historians have ever repeated.”
    4. Muslims ruled Spain for 800 years. Muslims ruled Spain for about 800 years. The Muslims in Spain never used the sword to force the people to convert. Later the Christian Crusaders came to Spain and wiped out the Muslims. There was not a single Muslim in Spain who could openly give the adhan, that is the call for prayers.
    5. 14 million Arabs are Coptic Christians. Muslims were the lords of Arabia for 1400 years. For a few years the British ruled, and for a few years the French ruled. Overall, the Muslims ruled Arabia for 1400 years. Yet today, there are 14 million Arabs who are Coptic Christians i.e. Christians since generations. If the Muslims had used the sword there would not have been a single Arab who would have remained a Christian.
    6. More than 80% non-Muslims in India. The Muslims ruled India for about a thousand years. If they wanted, they had the power of converting each and every non-Muslim of India to Islam. Today more than 80% of the population of India are non-Muslims. All these nonMuslim Indians are bearing witness today that Islam was not spread by the sword.
    7. Indonesia and Malaysia. Indonesia is a country that has the maximum number of Muslims in the world. The majority of people in Malaysia are Muslims. May one ask, “Which Muslim army went to Indonesia and Malaysia?
    8. East Coast of Africa. Similarly, Islam has spread rapidly on the East Coast of Africa. One may again ask, if Islam was spread by the sword, “Which Muslim army went to the East Coast of Africa?”
    9. Thomas Carlyle. The famous historian, Thomas Carlyle, in his book “Heroes and Hero worship”, refers to this misconception about the spread of Islam: “The sword indeed, but where will you get your sword? Every new opinion, at its starting is precisely in a minority of one. In one man’s head alone. There it dwells as yet. One man alone of the whole world believes it, there is one man against all men. That he takes a sword and try to propagate with that, will do little for him. You must get your sword! On the whole, a thing will propagate itself as it can.”
    10. No compulsion in religion. With which sword was Islam spread?  Even if Muslims had it they could not use it to spread Islam because the Qur’an says in the following verse: “Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from error” [Al-Qur’an 2:256]

11. Sword of the Intellect. It is the sword of intellect. The sword that conquers the hearts and minds of people. The Qur’an says in Surah Nahl, chapter 16 verse 125: “Invite (all) to the way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious.”  [Al-Qur’an 16:125]
    12. Increase in the world religions from 1934 to 1984. An article in Reader’s Digest ‘Almanac’, year book 1986, gave the statistics of the increase of percentage of the major religions of the world in half a century from 1934 to 1984. This article also appeared in ‘The Plain Truth’ magazine. At the top was Islam, which increased by 235%,  and Christianity had increased only by 47%. May one ask, which war took place in this century which converted millions of people to Islam?
    13. Islam is the fastest growing religion in America and Europe. Today the fastest growing religion in America is Islam. The fastest growing religion in Europe in Islam. Which sword is forcing people in the West to accept Islam in such large numbers?

The key reason why islam is spreading in the West is due to the large families the Islamic community has.

Considering that Muslims who abandon Islam are sentenced to death, or proselytising any other religion than Islam in Muslim countries is often punishable by death, it is clear that Islam is not a religion tolerant of dissent.

Tell us Monisa, what will Islam do to those who refuse to accept it? Will they be allowed to live in peace with no hindrance, disadvantage in education, business, or property. No. One only has to look at the Middle East to see how non-muslims are treated.

That's all Islamic propaganda and lies lifted from any number of Islamic propaganda sites...

http://www.irf.net/index.php?option=com … Itemid=199

History shows the Buddhists were slaughtered in Indonesia by Muslim armies demanding they accept Islam or die, they chose death.

15. Monisa Ahmed profile image60

As i had told you the truth, but still you deny. I do not know why you are behaving as if you got a problem with Islam. Islam will not harm a single man if he refuses to accept it. Here brother i give you my word. Islam is a religion which fights against oppression, female infanticide, polygamy, treated women as marketable business, racism , disloyalty, thefts, murder , cheating,lying,etc. Here the word fight does not mean to harm as Islam is the religion of peace.

Really? Evidence does not support your claims, otherwise there would be no need for organisations who take a stand against those who persecute ex-Muslims.
      http://ex-muslim.org.uk/manifesto/

16. Monisa Ahmed profile image60

And the fight is not killing, it is a struggle for a good cause. Good causes are : Helping people who are disable, giving charity, speaking good words, fasting, praying five times a day, making dua, doing justice with people who are thefts, murderers etc..............

17. Monisa Ahmed profile image60

Yes there is no need for organisations. I say this to you because my religion doesn't tell me so and so. By the way, why are you showing me this? You see when you research something, there should be a good proof for that. From my point of view, i do not support communities who harass in the name of Islam, as i know about the truth about Islam. If people do not understand Islam correctly then they will be set accountable for it in the day of judgement. I cannot argue with you further as my level of thinking is nowhere to be understood by you. Think in all directions, don't point out mistakes. if it is not understandable, then i advice you to do research about it, but do not blame a religion if it does not suits your aspirations and admirations.

These organisations and many others exist because Islam does not tolerate dissent, 'apostates', or anyone who refuses to bow the knee. People are persecuted by Islamic governments and its authorities, radical muslims and Islamic society in general. Open your eyes to what your religion really does to dissenters.

18. Monisa Ahmed profile image60

No, you are absolutely wrong dear, i will not believe a bit that my religion is wrong. Islam is perfect, but people are not. If you say that people are persecuted by Islamic governments and it's authorities, i may believe you in this case. Some people do not think clearly what Islam speaks about. It does not speaks about persecuting other religions and blaming others in the name of Islam. Time is going bad only because there is more hatred than love for religion. I do not hate any religion because my religion doesn't say me to hate others. You see today man has come across several ways to blame a religion, but never had the same man found out the truth.

19. Monisa Ahmed profile image60

Here i show you what the intellect has to say about Islam:
    Unholy War: Terror in the Name of Islam by JOHN L. ESPOSITO
    The September 11 attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon left us stunned, angry, and uncomprehending. As it became clear that these horrifying acts had been committed in the name of religion, the media, the government, and ordinary citizens alike sought answers to questions about Islam and its adherents.In this level-headed and authoritative book, John L. Esposito, one of the world’s most respected scholars of political Islam, provides answers. He clearly and carefully explains the teachings of Islam–the Quran, the example of the Prophet, Islamic law–about jihad or holy war, the use of violence, and terrorism. He chronicles the rise of extremist groups and examines their frightening worldview and tactics. Anti-Americanism (and anti-Europeanism), he shows, is a broad-based phenomenon that cuts across Arab and Muslim societies. It is not just driven by religious zealotry, but by frustration and anger at U.S. policy. It is vital to understand, however, that the vast majority of Muslims are appalled by the acts of violence committed in the name of their faith. It is essential that we distinguish between the religion of Islam and the actions of extremists like Osama bin Laden, who hijack Islamic discourse and belief to justify their acts of terrorism. This brief, clear-sighted book reflects twenty years of study, reflection, and experience on the part of a scholar who is equally respected in the West and in the Muslim world. It will prove to be the best single guide to the urgent questions that have recently forced themselves on the attention of the entire world.

Esposito is merely another Muslim apologist, who glosses over the truth. He has refused to debate his book and Islam with a challenge from Dr. Ali Sina who has refuted his book.

20. Monisa Ahmed profile image60

I hope you may read this book. I'm your friend from now. It's good that you do research, but research with proofs is better. I hold no grudge against you. I have to go for prayers. Take care and have a nice day. May GOD bless you, inshaAllah!

21. Monisa Ahmed profile image60

Why are you so ANGRY at me troubled man??? Looks like you want a battle. What happened to you??

lol  <--- Me being angry

It is you who is looking for a battle posting lackluster, old and tired copied and pasted Islamic propaganda, which is simply being pointed out as such.

Of course, your response there is exactly what is expected whenever anyone criticizes Islam,  to project onto the other that they are the antagonists looking for a battle. Then, you'll complain of being persecuted.

22. Monisa Ahmed profile image60

Thanks for proving the pork part with biblical and Islamic references by the way troubled man. I was more into science, so thanks for proving with your references.
    Just answer me one question:
    Are you an atheist?

23. Monisa Ahmed profile image60

Does anyone know the domino theory??

24. Monisa Ahmed profile image60

No I'm not complaining, sorry that you have so much in your head.
    What is domino theory , tell me brother?

1. profile image0

Why not be honest and cut to the chase and just tell him what you want to say.

What's interesting is that you are capable of typing the words "how to spread Islamic propaganda" into a search engine, but not the words "domino theory".

25. Monisa Ahmed profile image60

I repeat what is domino theory, tell me, either rad man or troubled man?

26. Monisa Ahmed profile image60

It will be a shame if you do not know. Oh no! C'mon , try to say what is domino theory?

1. profile image0

Just tell us where you're going with this. I'm not a puppet.

27. Monisa Ahmed profile image60

Yes I'm propagating Islam, what problem do you have with it? So tell me what is it, i think you can also copy paste false propaganda, isn't it?

No problem at all, we know it's false.

The problem is within the act itself of propagating disinformation. It only serves to show the deception and bigotry Islam teaches it's followers when dealing with non-believers and criticism.

28. Monisa Ahmed profile image60

No , i won't tell you. Make an effort to search it. It's so simple. It is not related to any religion and I'm not telling you a puppet. If you are thinking you are a puppet then it's not my problem.

29. Monisa Ahmed profile image60

Actually i want the answer from troubled man......

30. Monisa Ahmed profile image60

Then say what is it??

31. Monisa Ahmed profile image60

??

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)