1. Osa Osazuwa-Tosan profile image60
    Osa Osazuwa-Tosanposted 7 years ago

You see, I want to be practical as much as possible as a Christian. I mean, to practice the Christian faith as practically as presented by the Lord Jesus Christ, with a view to fulfilling God's purpose for creating us as men and women, and above all, for sending Jesus Christ to us to restore and update us in the process of fulfilling His purpose for us on earth because of the failure of the first man - ADAM.

Consequently, I sort of get confused by terms and usages which do not seem to help to forster this process of living the Christian life practically. I therefore need the help of knowledgeable people like you in this forum to truly navigate my way successfully. Because the Scripture asks us not to forsake the assemblying of ourselves together, as iron sharpens iron to make both sharper.

Please kindly help me know what the word "DOCTRINE" is, especially in relation to Christianity.

God bless you for your response.

2. SparklingJewel profile image66
    SparklingJewelposted 7 years ago

Christian Doctrines are written by human beings. Human are not perfect. So to me, they are possible guidelines for understanding and seeking God and Jesus. They may not help all people, but they have helped some people find God and Jesus...and they have been partially considered and partially helpful to some.

1. Osa Osazuwa-Tosan profile image60
      Osa Osazuwa-Tosanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for this great and very useful insight. I'm grateful to you for the clearness of your presentation.
      God bless!