Do you indentify most with the religion/faith in you were brought up?

1. Meg Davis profile image80
    Meg Davisposted 4 years ago

Have you stuck with the religion or faith in which you grew up or have you found another one the speaks to you more?  I was brought up Catholic, but it never really worked for me.  My parents are very, very Catholic and they dragged me to Mass every Sunday, but I spent most of my time daydreaming and people-watching.  When i moved out of their house, I shopped around a lot looking for something that made sense to me.  I checked out a lot of different Christian sects and then branched out into different religions altogether: Buddhism, Islam, Shinto, Hinduism etc.  The one I found that I identify with the most is Judaism.  I like the focus on thinking inherent in Judaism and I find the services soothing and uplifting.  How about you guys?  Any thoughts?

1. janesix profile image73
      janesixposted 4 years ago in reply to this

no. i was brought up atheist.

now i believe in god. not sure what religion my beliefs would fit into though.

2. A Troubled Man profile image61
      A Troubled Manposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, it would certainly appear that religion is more about what people want to fit into their lives as opposed to what gods want them to believe, giving ample reason to keep religion behind closed doors where it belongs.