jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

CAN YOU PROVE GOD EXISTS?

1. HealthCanada profile image73
    HealthCanadaposted 4 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7232464_f248.jpg
    Hi, Atheists can you prove you exhist? How? Through science? What made man and gave him the ability to think? A higher power?
    Does this argument not continue in a loop? Why not ask both parties to answer this simple question:
    If Jesus, Mohammed, Jehovah, Joseph Smith and Buddha. All said, don't kill your brother, live in peace with each other. And we have killed in their names, argued about which one is right, isnt that worth accepting everyone is right?

1. pisean282311 profile image59
      pisean282311posted 4 years ago in reply to this

what has that to do with jesus ,muhammad?....every second person would say that don't kill your brother, live in peace with each other....whats ur point?...

HealthCanadaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Lincoln, Martin Luther King, Jesus, John Lennon, etc all said love one another, and people are killing eachother in the name of these people, who we killed in the first place for saying it.
        Dont you think the argument of whether god exists or whether we can prove 'he' doesn't exist meaningless in the words of your own prophets or views as an atheist?

1. pisean282311 profile image59
          pisean282311posted 4 years ago in reply to this

@hc as atheist  i agree those questions are irrelevant...what is more important is human growth as species...i dont have any prophets , what i have is ancestors who flawed too ...i respect them for taking human race forward....

Agreed

2. Jerami profile image78
    Jeramiposted 4 years ago

Hi, people......., can you prove you exist?
    Kinda like that old saying ;  Last night I dreamed I was a butterfly  but in reality am I really a butterfly who is now dreaming it is a man.

OK  I am a man! that dreamed he was a butterfly. In my dream the butter knew what it is, an while in my dream it could produce all of the proof that it needed to convince itself that it was real.
    However; within the dream, there was no proof that I really existed.

Am I a figmant of my dream's imagination.?    Can I really prove this either way, other than expressing popular opinion.  How can we compair my proof to that proof that the butterfly might have?
    And will the butterfly accept my proof as being legidament?

well again this falls into the argument categorie, if i said: "we are all a part of a common reality that is expressible through means of a random process" it would just add to the fire, but if we agree to only offer solutions and not problems, then we can continue forth in a conversation not an argument, yes?

working