Admirable Inventiveness

1. thirdmillenium profile image71
    thirdmilleniumposted 4 years ago

What makes hyperactive people come up with speculations like Jesus is evil, Jesus is a dead ringer for a basketball  player, anything and everything et al?

Does it serve any purpose at all to come up with topics like this? I mean, what shred of evidence are these allegations based on?

Jesus cursing the fig tree could easily be construed as evil by the uninitiated. It is forgivable though. Fig tree is really a metaphor for the unruly Israelites but that is another point and deserves a full discussion.

The vehemence is surprising and smacks of a personal vendetta - one fails to even imagine the circumstances in which this could have happened though - which manifests itself in undeserving ways.

2. 0
    Emile Rposted 4 years ago

I doubt anyone thinks Jesus was evil. Not really. I think people look at how belief in Jesus manifests in our world. How people justify their actions through faith. If that is how you judge the man, evil often follows. Christians cannot see this anymore than anyone else can stand outside of themselves and judge their own actions and beliefs dispassionately.