jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Nothing can rise higher than its source.

1. Haunty profile image85
    Hauntyposted 4 years ago

I have just finished reading this book, which put me in a religious mood. My religious mood is involved in the statement "Nothing can rise higher than its source."

Science claims the universe is made of blind force and energy (matter = interrupted energy, energy at a low rate of vibration). Yet, we humans possess qualities higher than these, namely life and mind.

Could life and mind arise from blind energy?

1. A Troubled Man profile image60
      A Troubled Manposted 4 years ago in reply to this

What does this mean...? Please explain.

"matter = interrupted energy, energy at a low rate of vibration"

Hauntyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

My guess is it means that matter can be converted into energy (photons, etc).

Then, those two concepts are not related in any way. The qualities humans posses has nothing to do with the law of energy conservation. Apples and oranges.

I didn't mean energy conservation. I just linked that because on that page there is the sentence "Matter particles (such as electrons) can be converted to non-matter (such as photons), or even into potential or kinetic energy." In my interpretation, this is saying matter = energy.

So no, I'm not talking about energy conservation, only the fact that if the only thing there is (in the universe) is energy or matter, I don't know whence life should come, as these clearly do not contain it. I can say this in another way: nothing manifests in the effect, unless it was in the cause.

So in essence, you're asking if life can arise from energy/matter? Evidently so.

Yeah, that's what I'm asking.

2. Xenonlit profile image60
    Xenonlitposted 4 years ago

Uh. Old Faithful? The Space Shuttle? The Hubble? Voyager? Martin Luther King, Jr.?

3. 0
    Emile Rposted 4 years ago

That's an interesting question. I guess that is the crux of my problem. It's easy to say everything just happened, but it is hard to believe without proof. Life is definitely an enigma.

working