jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Does diet effect Spiritual growth?

1. 60
    tsuposted 4 years ago

Interested in hearing opinions on diet and how important it is for Spiritual growth.   As a nurse, I can see how a diet that contributes to insulin surges can effect our ability to hear that inner voice, that intuition which I believe is one way that God speaks to us.  As a QI Gong practitioner, I've experienced miraculous Spiritual awareness when eating a strict Vegan diet.   I struggle, with this as it feels like suffering to give up the food that I love  yet  I love the connection with God and out life force.

1. 0
      Alise- Evonposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Great Question!  I have been seriously  considering this lately.  Jesus in John 3:12 says, If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?  God defines food in Gen. 2:9 and Lev. 11.  Putting it together, if we do not understand and/or follow God's teaching on what is appropriate to eat (an earthly matter), we will be limited in our spiritual growth.  I do not consider it suffering not eating things not fit for human consumption, spiritual growth is more important.

2. 0
      riddle666posted 3 years ago in reply to this

You can get high spiritual growth if you double or triple the dose of insulin without taking any extra sugar.

3. The0NatureBoy profile image78
      The0NatureBoyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

My experience have shown me that a primary raw vegan diet without "Iodized salt" and "animal fat" cleans the body so well that that inner voice is almost audible.  As a matter of fact, if you maintain a diet near that all our senses will become much sharper because of 2 things,
      1) It retards the aging process which the heat applied to vegetables changes the chemical makeup from the ability to rejuvenate our bodies to one causing aging and death and
      2) It cleans out the toxins intentionally applied to processed foods to create health conditions and make us obedient to authority although we are dissatisfied with those in positions of authority.