jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

was jesus really mad as his family thought about him?

1. pisean282311 profile image53
    pisean282311posted 4 years ago

what r u views on this?...did jesus suffer from some mental disease which made him see and believe in imaginary stuffs or was jesus really inspired from some unexplained things?

1. Disappearinghead profile image85
      Disappearingheadposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think if he was mentally ill, it would have been obvious to the people and he would not have had hundreds of followers. People tend to give those that are nutty as a fruitcake a wide berth.

1. thooghun profile image85
        thooghunposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The pope? big_smile

2. profile image0
      Rad Manposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes.

3. A Troubled Man profile image59
      A Troubled Manposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The ignorance of the world around those folks who lived 20 centuries ago is staggering comparatively speaking to our understanding today, hence there were probably a great deal of people suffering from all kinds of ailments and diseases back then. Walking on water, raising people from the dead, etc. most likely is based on some kind of mental disorders.

1. profile image0
        Rad Manposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The mythbusters can walk on water. I saw it with my own eyes, well it was on TV and we all know everything we see on TV is real. So walking on water as seen on TV, plausible.

1. A Troubled Man profile image59
          A Troubled Manposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Like Peter Sellers at the end of "Being There"? smile

2. pisean282311 profile image53
        pisean282311posted 4 years ago in reply to this

@atm u have a point

2. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 4 years ago

Setting aside the claims of miracles and focusing only on the place in the text where I assume you looked in order to ask this question. Mark 3:21, I think?

Why read that into it? It can be viewed from other angles. It says that he and the disciples were surrounded by crowds and so busy they couldn't even find time to eat. Maybe, it was concern for his health and knowledge of the magnitude of the task Jesus had taken on that caused the comment. I think I'd ask the same question, even if I had seen someone perform what I perceived as a miracle or two over the years. If they suddenly became known to the public and desire to be near them went viral. People change when they become famous. Rarely for the better. You tend to worry.

working