jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

Do you believe in the premise that how we treat our children when they are young and vulnerable will reflect as to how they will treat us when we become old and equally vulnerable?

1. 0
      Rad Manposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Makes sense to me. If you beat your kids as often as you can they will eventually disrespect you when you're old. My father in-law is a narcissistic egomaniac who has mistreated me for more then 20 years. He is now old and has alzheimer's. There is no reason for me to be mean to him because it's not really him any more, but he still doesn't have my respect.

2. fpherj48 profile image80
      fpherj48posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Well, I surely believe in Karma, with my entire being.....Our children?   Everything MATTERS.... How we treat them, teach them, raise them, discipline, love, support, encourage, guide, respect, comfort and console.........Yes, all of it matters.  It's certainly no less than we should give them.   The "way" they treat their parents will more than likely mirror what they have been given and what they have learned......but, respectful & loving treatment from our children, needn't be postponed until we're old and vulnerable.

1. janesix profile image73
        janesixposted 3 years ago in reply to this

nicely put