jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

As I type this message, I am watching A Haunting tv series on dvd.   This series deals with the paranormal but not positive paranormal activities but its more negative aspects.    What is your belief regarding so-called paranormal activities?   Have you encountered any type of paranormal activities and/or happenings?

1. fpherj48 profile image81
      fpherj48posted 3 years ago in reply to this

gm...I do believe that they happen.  Too many people have related paranormal and/or "similar," experiences for this to be a fluke or a game of imagination.  I'm a firm believer of keeping one's mind open to any and all possibilities.  Why not?  We cheat ourselves of much enlightenment and wisdom when we shut our minds down. 
      I did actually have an "unexplained" experience, once,which both jolted me and gave me a sense of peace, at the same time.  For a very long time, I kept it to myself....as I think we all fear the reception or rejection from others...(wondering if we're a bit cuckoo)  When I did finally share it, I either chose all the right people, or they sincerely were awed by it and accepted it as genuine.
      Not too long after losing my only sibling and closest friend, my sister Patricia.....I was in my kitchen, as I am each morning, focusing on my coffee transfusion....I walked from the coffee pot toward the table for the sugar......set my cup down and happen to look up and out the sliding glass doors that lead to our deck.   In merely a "flash-like" moment of time...(as though someone clicked a camera)  there, sitting at a table, was my sister (profile view)....pen in hand, head down & one leg crossed over the other.  In a split second I saw her and in a split second, she was gone. I felt my heart jump and I basically stood frozen for a few seconds.  In fact, my physical response, acted as a confirmation to me that I had actually SEEN her....My face felt flushed and I needed to sit down. 
      The thing is, she was just exactly as she was in life.....I saw a yellow sweater, black sweat pants and on her feet were her "rubber duckies" she always wore when her feet were cold.....I also KNEW she was doing a crossword puzzle, because she did them all the time.  here's the kicker.  There was no table on our deck, but she was clearly sitting at one.
      Honestly gm...I can't tell you how long I sat there.....and all the things that went through my mind.....but I finally resigned myself to believe that Pat simply stopped by to say, "Hello."....and that gave me peace..........

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
      paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Nary a one.

2. Silva Hayes profile image95
    Silva Hayesposted 3 years ago

This happened long ago.  We lived in a charming house in Georgetown, Texas.  It was on a corner lot and since the driveway and garage were in the back, we always entered through the back door into the kitchen.  From the kitchen, one could see straight through to the family room, which was located in the center of the house. 

Several times when I came home from work at about 6:00 in the evening, I saw the figure of a woman appear to float across the family room diagonally and disappear into a wall.  She was not as distinct as a living person, but was faintly translucent.  She had long brown hair done up in a roll around her head and wore a white floor-length dress with a blue sash.  She did not acknowledge me as I stood frozen to the floor, staring.  I saw her probably five or six times over a 6-month period, and on separate occasions my husband saw her also.  Our then 16-year-old daughter saw her several times.  These sightings were not due to the power of suggestion -- we didn't discuss this much, although we did wonder who she was and why she wasn't at peace.