jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Are ALL scientists Atheists?

1. Ultimater profile image60
    Ultimaterposted 3 years ago

I mean, is this the case? If anyone is doing evidentiary science, does that immediately qualify him / her as an atheist? During my career I have met a large number of scientists who possess religious faiths (faith in a G_d, and in Jesus Christ). They all believe that that there is *something* divine which is hidden in the great unknown, and where humanity may never reach.

Isn't that an odd equation? Even scientists profess that religion is a valid practice. Whoever else would deny religion?

1. mariexotoni profile image91
      mariexotoniposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Some may be agnostic. Some may consider atheism and agnosticism their "religion".  (Usually not the case).  Some may be Hindu, Muslim, Christian, Jewish- you get the picture. Some people who believe in something divine may not even consider them-self religious.

I think when you say  that even scientists profess that religion is a valid practice, it has to do with religion being a big part of humanity. Religion is found probably in every culture and it's an interesting phenomena. We create these guidelines and rules to follow to help give us some structure. Perhaps that's what they mean by "valid practice"- that it's apart of us. But I don't know for sure. That's my guess/input. smile

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

Why ask a question you clearly already know the answer to?

3. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 3 years ago

Many scientist are religious the same as many religious also believe in evolution..