Jesus is the Light of the World .....

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (36 posts)
  1. Rina Pinto profile image61
    Rina Pintoposted 11 years ago

it must Shine through us so that this World understand of His Love, Grace & Mercy ...!

1. pennyofheaven profile image80
      pennyofheavenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

So Jesus light shines through you and in turn to the world?

2. nightwork4 profile image61
      nightwork4posted 11 years agoin reply to this

what mercy and love? i guess you mean all the wars going on, the recent super storms, the tsunami in japan etc. plain foolishness.

It seems you believe God is responsible for those things? Does that mean you believe in God?

1. nightwork4 profile image61
          nightwork4posted 11 years agoin reply to this

it does? it seems to me i was trying to make a point. to those who believe in god and still say he is loving makes no sense was my point. i believe these storms and wars are real.

Oh indeed they are real.

Nature does what nature does though. Man does what man does too. Assigning what nature does and what man does to God would depend on the person and their perception of God.

2. profile image0
    Gypsy Rose Leeposted 11 years ago

We must keep to our faith and belief. I let the Lord guide me each day and I know I am better for it. We must always pass on God's word and make others believe as we do. God bless.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

And you wonder why your religion causes so much conflict?

2. A Troubled Man profile image58
      A Troubled Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You're going to make us do what now?

1. youcanwin profile image42
        youcanwinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Jesus is the only way for salvation!

3. Shadesbreath profile image78
      Shadesbreathposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations on revealing why the world is at constant war.

You think you need to "make" others believe as you do, but, since you are so filled with love for yourself and the religion you chose, it feels like that doesn't sound horrible.

Guess what, all the other religions have similar certainty that they have the right version of how the supernatural realm of gods and whatever else works.

Yes, I know, those other ones are all wrong because you have your holy book which "proves" so perfectly in its passages how all the other ones are wrong.

Sadly, those other ones also "prove" in their passages that all the others, including yours, are also wrong. So, for the person who doesn't know which to pick from, all they hear is a bunch of people from a bunch of different religions nattering on, saying the same thing, "I have the truth here, in my book!"

Your religion was primarily written during the Bronze Age. I'm not saying there isn't some great human wisdom in its stories... but, c'mon, the BRONZE AGE?

(sigh)

You are worrying about the date of the Book, not about the content.  We are eating the food of those people who were lived in that Bronze age.  We never reject those eatables just because of we found it too early.

Bible is a powerful book.  God foresaw the events in this world.  God opened a way for salvation.  That is Jesus.  There are many books in the world which never shows a clear way for salvation.  The teachings in the Bible are light for the all generations.

Jesus showed a way for life.  If you walk on that path, you will attain salvation.  It is free for all.

1. JMcFarland profile image71
          JMcFarlandposted 11 years agoin reply to this

except the bible is not the infallible, perfect word of god that you think it is.  In fact, it's just wrong.  It's not a history book, it's not a moral guideline, and it's not accurate in accordance with history, science or thought.  It's a collection of bronze-age stories that people wrote down to explain their culture.  Nothing more.  You have no problem rejecting Islam, or Judaism (which is funny, since the christian faith stole the jew's holy book and incorporated it into their own).  In that respect, YOU are an atheist.  Atheists like me just take it one god further than you do.

If I walk into a restaurant and order a steak, then the waiter brings it to me, have I prophesied?  In order for a prophecy to be valid, it has to have several factors.  It has to be specific - all of the prophecies in the bible are vague to the point of being able to fit a number of different events.  It has to be able to be fulfilled by one person at one time - not the case.  And it has to be fulfilled spontaneously - not because someone was INTENTIONALLY trying to fulfill it, or in the case of the new testament writers (particularly the person who wrote the gospel of matthew) trying to make old testament prophecies fit in to their version of events.  Matthew's writer even gets things WRONG due to a misinterpretation of the old testament, and the other gospel writers have to correct him in their own gospels.  That's not prophetic.  It's forced adherence.  The new testament is like a decades-long game of telephone, yet it's touted to be reliable and irrefutable.  It's ridiculous, really.

2. Shadesbreath profile image78

No, I'm worried when anyone says the need to MAKE people believe as they do.

That's what I worry about. People are dying every day in the cause of that same Abrahamic god and the three violent religions that came of it. Every day. Dead children. Grief and misery. Turn on the news and look.

And then people come on here and say so casually that they want to MAKE people believe as they do.

No one can make you believe anything unless you allow them to.

No need to worry. Even if there was no belief in God. These things will still happen. It is part of human nature.

how exactly are natural disasters human nature?  You don't have to believe in a god to know that there are natural disasters.  However, if you DO believe that there is a magical super-being who knows everything and is all-powerful, and is simultaneously perfectly merciful AND perfectly just (which is a direct contradiction that is actually impossible) then he doesn't care about all the people dying due to natural disasters that he, himself is causing - or allowing to happen at the very least.

What natural disasters did you have in your post I responded to? Children dying, grief and dying, dead children does not appear to be natural disasters to me? You imply that men are responsible for these things due to their beliefs. Men have a human nature.

Actually that was not my post.  You responded about human nature to a previous comment that listed earthquakes and/or tsunamis.  Those would be natural disasters.  Human nature is irrelevant.

Oh you are quite right it was not your post I responded to, sorry about that. You did however respond to my reply to the post that had no mention of natural disasters.

If you were responding to the post that mentioned natural disasters perhaps you need to look at my response to that post again. I did not say that natural disasters were human nature.

2. Shadesbreath profile image78

Yes, I understand that no one can make anyone believe anything. THAT is why when people say they want to "make everyone believe" as they do, I worry. Because, despite it not being possible, they try anyway. Often violently.

And yes, I agree human nature has violence in it. Religion just makes it super easy to justify because you have the supreme magical being validating your actions. Who are we, lowly mortals that we are, to argue with the word of Gawduh!

I think that is sometimes viewed as 'passing the buck'. At other times it is understood as not taking responsibility for our own actions.

People do it all the time. They blame their parents, brothers, sisters, teachers, society, Government God, Satan....Any thing that will relinquish their responsibility.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
                  paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

...On the mountain was a treasure...

2. A Thousand Words profile image68
                  A Thousand Wordsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You have to believe in God in order to pass the buck to God. I think what they are implying is that if there WAS a God, then what happens is a direct result of his own actions/choices/powers, etc. If one does not set things in motions, if one does not place all of the necessary pieces in place, than nothing good or bad can happen. But when the good or bad happens, why can't the person who put it in motion be to blame. Not that we actually believe in that person. Am I making sense? We'd rather take responsibilty for our actions in a Godless world then be oblivious to fact that if there is a God, the way things go is ultimately His fault by default.

...Buried deep beneath the stone,
                    And the valley-people swore
                    They'd have it for their very own...

2. pennyofheaven profile image80

I think I get what you are getting at.

That would apply only if we were not given the ability to choose. We are.

Unlike the sun, the sun shines on both good and bad, young or old, fat or skinny, etc It does not discriminate, it does not pick and choose, nor does it have the ability to.

We also have the ability to create or destroy

The sun does not. The sun just does what the sun does. If in the process of it doing, something is destroyed it is not by choice that this has occurred but by the conditions on earth that have been altered by man.

3. ITcoach profile image57
    ITcoachposted 11 years ago

We must have a firm belief on the oneness of God Almighty that created moses and Jesus with his will conveying the world his message.
    We must follow the orders that were described by the Jesus and God Almighty.

4. Jerry Hulse profile image69
    Jerry Hulseposted 11 years ago

This is a right now word that needsd to be taken literally which is for us to be a light and not try to build our own kingdom which many are attempting to do today! Be Blessed

5. pisean282311 profile image62
    pisean282311posted 11 years ago

jesus is light of the world?...if that is true , then no wonder why world is the way it is...it is perfectly wrong choice to have jesus as light...god erred in big way...

Very few walk in the light. 

Most of the people are in the darkness, that is what is the problem of the world today.

6. aware profile image68
    awareposted 11 years ago

god creates suns i think not sons.

7. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

I am saddened...

"Sadly, blaming God won't get you off the hook for speeding"

http://now.msn.com/god-blamed-for-womans-speeding

Exactly.

...'Bout a kingdom on a mountain
        And the valley-folk below....

I feel like singing to your little ditty

8. paradigmsearch profile image60

Listen, children, to a story...

9. paradigmsearch profile image60

...That was written long ago...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)