jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

Baptisam by full sub merssion

1. HOWARDTHEDUCK1 profile image59
    HOWARDTHEDUCK1posted 4 years ago

I am 13 yrs old and a christian wounder how old you think a person should be befor gonig through
    the waters of baptisam by full submersion?
    As i have been thinking of getting baptised.

1. Paraglider profile image88
      Paragliderposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Maybe around 93...

Water has no magical properties.

Drinking it is essential to survival and swimming in it is good for health and fitness.

1. Chris Neal profile image82
        Chris Nealposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You're right, water has no magical properties, and thank God that Christians understand that!

2. Niteriter profile image79
      Niteriterposted 4 years ago in reply to this

What type of person uses a child to start this tired conversation again?

3. 0
      Emile Rposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think you are too young to be asking total strangers. Talk to your parents or your pastor face to face.

4. Chris Neal profile image82
      Chris Nealposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't think you're too young if you understand what it is you're doing. A lot of young people get baptized because, well, that's what people do when they're Christian, right? But any church worth being the salt (and most churches take this pretty seriously) have a class of some kind about what baptism is and what it represents. There's a reason why people in other countries sometimes get killed for being baptized. But if you've studied it and can comfortably give an answer about how you're being baptized into Jesus' death and what this means to you, then go for it.

However, this should only be part of the conversation. You should also talk to your parents and pastor, I fully agree.

1. Niteriter profile image79
        Niteriterposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Check the OP's profile.

working