jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Gobekli Tepe

1. pennyofheaven profile image81
    pennyofheavenposted 3 years ago

Wouldn't the discover of Gobekli Tepe mean that history in general would need to change? Would it also mean that Religious biblical history would need to change?

1. ptosis profile image80
      ptosisposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I don't get. It's 9k years old, big deal. Mesopotamia was 8k years & it wasn't the first and only.

pennyofheavenposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Me either but here is an extract from Wiki. Sorry never thought to post it. They also say the same thing on you tube just in a different way. It is reputedly 12k

Schmidt has engaged in some speculation regarding the belief systems of the groups that created Göbekli Tepe, based on comparisons with other shrines and settlements. He assumes shamanic practices and suggests that the T-shaped pillars may represent mythical creatures, perhaps ancestors, whereas he sees a fully articulated belief in gods only developing later in Mesopotamia, associated with extensive temples and palaces. This corresponds well with an ancient Sumerian belief that agriculture, animal husbandry and weaving had been brought to mankind from the sacred mountain Du-Ku, which was inhabited by Annuna—deities, very ancient gods without individual names. Klaus Schmidt identifies this story as an oriental primeval myth that preserves a partial memory of the emerging Neolithic.[29] It is also apparent that the animal and other images give no indication of organized violence, i.e., there are no depictions of hunting raids or wounded animals, and the pillar carvings ignore game on which the society mainly subsisted, like deer, in favor of formidable creatures such as lions, snakes, spiders and scorpions

At present, Göbekli Tepe raises more questions for archaeology and prehistory than it answers. We do not know how a force large enough to construct, augment, and maintain such a substantial complex was mobilized and rewarded or fed in the conditions of pre-Neolithic society. We cannot "read" the pictograms, and do not know for certain what meaning the animal reliefs had for visitors to the site; the variety of fauna depicted, from lions and boars to birds and insects, makes any single explanation problematic. As there seems to be little or no evidence of habitation, and the animals depicted on the stones are mainly predators, the stones may have been intended to stave off evils through some form of magic representation; it is also possible that they served as totems

2. Disappearinghead profile image89
      Disappearingheadposted 3 years ago in reply to this

An argument that I read about Gobekli Tepe was that the human investment required for the construction of the 'temple' and maintenance of the religious system prompted the transition from hunter gathering to agriculture. Agriculture ultimately resulted in a shortening of human lifespans, a degradation in human health, and changed man from a care free lifestyle to that of servitude.

Perhaps there is a link with the Garden of Eden legend. The human invention of organised religion resulted in man loosing out on a carefree paradise to become a slave to sweat and toil.

They are only assuming it was a religious temple? They cannot read the writings.

Could have been a Colosseum of sorts?

Why would agriculture shorten human lifespans?

1. ptosis profile image80
          ptosisposted 3 years ago in reply to this

"After agriculture was fully adopted, male height dropped to 161 cm, or 5'5.4″. ..."

Because if it wasn't for protein (eating meat) we all be pygmies still. Several lines of proto-humans dies out - the fiercest one survived - us - the killers and eaters of meat. That's why I say that my forefathers didn't climb to the top of the food chain in order for me to become a Vegetarian. So all this talk about 'saving the planet" and eating mini-livestock, (bugs) is another way to keep the top 1% sustainable and is called Agenda 21.

http://voices.yahoo.com/the-future-huma … 83646.html

"Homo neanderthalensis coexisted along side our ancestors Homo sapiens, who eventually crowded out the Neanderthals because, "Genocide is one way to better the chances of your own group over competing groups." As Gore Vidal once said, "It is not enough to succeed. Others must fail."

Wow amazing.

I fail to see how becoming vegetarian will save the planet. Learning how to take only what one needs from Mother earth would probably be the better bet. Instead they take too much and the cycle of life is stunted. Unfortunately profit far outweighs common sense. Chemicals are then added to speed up the growth process that infect the land and human beings.

2. 60
    UBtheNEWSposted 3 years ago

One of the most amazing mysteries associated with Gobekli Tepe is that the archaeological part of the mystery was explained 40 years before this site was discovered. Why was the technology and artistry there declining for an extended period of time? The Urantia Book explains why. The UBtheNEWS project documents how new discoveries and scientific advances increasingly support The Urantia Book's very detailed account of our planetary history. The Gobekli Tepe Report is actually the most popular report we've done so far.