jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

Do you believe that humankind will evolve to a stage where there will be total acceptance and understanding of people regardless of race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, gender, religion/creed and/or other superficial constructs?     Do you also contend that one day(hopefully) that there will be universal peace?     Conversely, do you believe that instead of evolving to a stage of universal and total acceptance, peace, and understanding that humankind will devolve into a worse state causing its near annihilation?

1. nightwork4 profile image60
      nightwork4posted 3 years ago in reply to this

not a chance, at least not as long as different religions exist. i realize all the problems in the world aren't caused by only religion but it sure causes it's share. as long as religion is here, we will have wars.

2. A Troubled Man profile image61
      A Troubled Manposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Sane people have already discarded the bigotries of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age and gender, but we will never have any understanding as long as religions rule our world.

2. QudsiaP1 profile image60
    QudsiaP1posted 3 years ago

I doubt it; if anything humans are becoming more cavemen like in their thoughts and opinions.

3. Renee Abbott profile image85
    Renee Abbottposted 3 years ago

There has been a slow process of evolution on total acceptance, but our world is not ready for peace. Many would have to give up the blame game, and take responsibility for their own life. This concept is not easily accepted.

I do not believe humankind will cause a near annihilation. Change is a process and very slow. I do not look at the world as them and we. I see everyone progressing at the speed they are suppose too, and working through the lessons they need to learn in this lifetime, and most likely other lifetimes in the future.

Everything is as it is suppose to be in my world. I take responsibility for myself, including the shadow aspects. We all have them, so peace will not be today in our outer world, but can be within us.

4. 0
    Sunnie Dayposted 3 years ago

As much as I would love to believe the world will have universal peace and  total acceptance I am not sure if that will happen..Not to say each of us cannot do our best to strive for that.  I look at human nature in this way. Without a negative there cannot be a positive. Without the bad we cannot recognize the good. Sadly we have a fallen nature and there is no one perfect so we have to learn from our mistakes. If not for wars, we could not rejoice in peace...I think it is just the way it is.