jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

What are the 'Good' parts of your religion? What makes you love it?

1. Austinstar profile image80
    Austinstarposted 4 years ago

What makes your religion special? What beliefs do you hold to be absolutely true about your religion? What are the good parts that you really enjoy? Fellowship? Prayer? Ritual? Life after death? Make a list for me please. Thank you!

1. ULCRev62 profile image60
      ULCRev62posted 4 years ago in reply to this

*What makes your religion special?*
      Special?  Nothing.  I am a firm believer in an all encompassing energy in the universe (call it what you want; insert name of deity here).  It is 'man' (i.e. humanity; men; women) who 'labels' that energy with the name of a deity that is interpreted to me what he can understand in a given situation or society.
      *What beliefs do you hold to be absolutely true about your religion?*
      My beliefs are simple.  We are LIMITLESS spiritual beings existing within these LIMITED physical bodies.  We are PURE ENERGY.  We are what we are and are limitless and are only bound by thought and our limited body.
      *What are the good parts that you really enjoy?*
      The simplicity of Spirit. 
      *Fellowship? Prayer? Ritual? Life after death?*
      Life and what we encounter, including animals, can be interpreted, in some cases, as fellowship.  Prayer?  Meditation, etc. is a form of 'prayer'.  Ritual?  Living and doing and being.  Life after Death?  Yes, we live on beyond this body when we are finished with this body. 

I hope that helped.  Thanks for asking.

Austinstarposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I love this answer! People are coming up with so many inappropriate comments. Downright preachy, they are.
        However, I'm still looking for basically why people are attracted to religion in an overall kind of sense.

2. teacherjoe52 profile image55
    teacherjoe52posted 4 years ago

I have a deep loving ralationship with Jehovah, Jesus and the Holy Spirit than noyhing can compare with.
    As well being a Christian we all have paths for us God has chosen for us, for me it is bing a writer. It is great knowing I have a purpose in life and am following it.
    God bless.

Austinstarposted 4 years ago in reply to this

1. Unconditional love
      2. purpose in life
      Thanks

working