jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

All men are born athiests.

1. SimeyC profile image87
    SimeyCposted 3 years ago

If you're looking for a real discussion here you've come to the wrong place.

I'm probably not the first person to point out some flawed logic, but here is how all men are born athiests....

-God created everything - all religions agree this I believe?
    -God created man in his own image
    -God is an athiest - one definition of athiest is "An atheist is one who denies the existence of a deity or of divine beings.". As God is God, then to him there are not deities or divine beings - hence he must be an athiest.
    -As God is an athiest, and God created man in his own image - then all men are atheists!

OK flawed logic I'm sure - but the actual headline 'All men are born athiests' is true.... big_smile

1. 0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 3 years ago in reply to this

smile   funny! But great logic. smile

2. Chris Neal profile image83
      Chris Nealposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Well, aside from the fact that God does acknowledge Himself as a deity...

Okay, you've admitted the flawed logic of that one. The real point is that it's impossible to prove or disprove. If you can get babies to hold sophisticated philosophical discussions about the nature of the universe and whether they believe there really is a God (or even just what their conception of God might be) then you might have  something.

Fun,  though!

3. 0
      Rad Manposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I do like the logic, kind of.

atheist |ˈāTHēˌist|
      a person who does not believe in the existence of God or gods: he is a committed atheist.

As you can see the fly in the ointment is that the definition doesn't ask for a God about once self, just a God. And I think God of the bible thinks he's a God (from the biblical text).

Since religion is a learned thing then it's obvious that people are born atheist until they are told about God. Of course we'd have to find a society that has never heard of God to prove that point. Hard to find. I've read recently that Sweden and Denmark are getting close. Swedish Atheists make up between 46% and 85% of the population, and it's interesting to note that Sweden ranks among the most well-developed, wealthiest, most democratic, most free, most entrepreneurial, least corrupt, least violent, most peaceful, healthiest, happiest, most egalitarian, best educated, most charitable, and most environmentally compassionate societies in the entire world.

4. kess profile image60
      kessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Your logic fails at this....

"As God is God, then to him there are not deities or divine beings"

God is God then to him he is  a deity and a divine being  otherwise he is not God....

So therefore God is not an atheist.

And to the atheist he also says," you are deity and divine",
      So a true Atheist is a god that does not know that he is God.

2. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 3 years ago

Tabula rasa.

Socialized to believe or belief is innate.

3. Aficionada profile image93
    Aficionadaposted 3 years ago

Hmmmm. "All men [all humans?] are born atheists" . . . .

And also:

All men [humans] are born helpless and ignorant.

All men [humans] are born non-verbal.

All men [humans] are born capable of growing to some degree - some more than others.

All men [humans] are born capable of acquiring communications skills to some degree or other.

All men [humans] are born capable of learning more than they knew when they were born.

If all men [humans] remain for long in the state of knowledge, wisdom, and growth that they were in when they were born, we generally feel intensely sorry for them and do our best to nurture them and help them, even if they can never reach the same state of knowledge and awareness as others.