There IT Is

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

There are many folks among us who want to be popular and/or well liked.   However, not everyone is going to be popular and well liked.   There are people who actually want to sell their very soul in the nirvanic quest to be popular and/or well like.   How many people subvert their true personality, being   politically correct and nicey nice to be THE ONE?   

Being popular and well-liked is no big deal.   There are those who are quite the opposite who could not give a ******* whether others like us or not.   There are those stalwart souls who are quite opinionated, bold, and say what has to be said, taking no prisoners and giving others no quarter.    Such souls can be described as quite acerbic and tactless but who really cares.   They are happy and their reaction to those who balk at their characteristics is BITE ME!

In all essence, the most important thing is integrity, self-respect, and liking yourself.   Other people's approval are not the be and end all.    There are far better things to do with one's life, time, and energy.   Do you agree with this?

1. 0
      Sarra Garrettposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes I agree.  I know I don't need to be number one and don't care if I'm last.  Whats great about being a human is everyone has their own opinions.  Unfortunately, there are those who have to have the last word but that is never going to change.

2. A Troubled Man profile image61
      A Troubled Manposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes, there are far better things to do, but one would have to spend more of their time becoming self-sufficient as they continue to alienate themselves from society. It would make more sense to spend one's time in the pursuit of showing integrity, respect and liking of others, despite our flaws. Surely, few would disapprove of that.