jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

Do you believe hell is a lack of fire or spiritual?

1. Claire Evans profile image89
    Claire Evansposted 4 years ago

Many people believe that hell is about burning and understandably so because of Revelation but has it ever crossed their minds that this is not literal?

Fire can only inflict pain and death to a physical body and, of course, will die rather soon so it cannot be a hell that is forever.  I know there is something called a spiritual hell to a small degree and it is worse than any physical suffering.  What I mean by spiritual hell is the torment of the soul forever that is by feeling dread, pain, terror, hatred, etc, for eternity which those who have Near Death Experiences have reported.  It is enough to turn an atheist into a Christian on the spot as in the case of one atheist.  Who knows if spiritual hell makes one feel physical pain even though bodies will no longer be involved?

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image84
      Kathryn L Hillposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think you are right. No argument here.

Other thoughts: Ever think about the alcoholic or the drug addict? Are they suddenly relieved of their cravings because they are no longer in those substance addicted bodies? If they are, uh oh... welcome to hell. Will I still have a craving for corn chips, Oreo cookies and root beer? uh oh... cuz, I won't have access to them will I? If I do not want God, or I do not accept Jesus as my personal savior, because I am feeling pretty darn good as an atheist... (not me, an atheist) will I have an O.K after life??
      In other words, what would prompt the feelings of dread, pain terror, hatred, etc? For instance, my dad used to be a catholic, now is an atheist, but has a lot of love in his heart. (It is just because that is the kind of person he is.) Will he go to heaven because of the common sense love in his heart?
      Just wonderin'

2. Disappearinghead profile image89
      Disappearingheadposted 4 years ago in reply to this

There is no eternal hell.

1. aka-dj profile image79
        aka-djposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Technically, you are correct.
        The bible says that death and hell were thrown into the lake of fire.
        Therefore, it is burned up, (not eternal, I guess).

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image92
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 4 years ago

Hell = eternal separation from God.

...or even temporary separation!
      Hell is self-induced. And if that is true, then heaven is self-induced.

(We always have a chance to tell God, "Ya know what, I am really thankful for all you have given me, and all you have made... I love You." God is so thrilled to hear this, he will forgive you for all your selfish arrogance instantly.)  The Kingdom of Heaven is essentially a spiritual state of peace and joy. If we want "on earth as is is in heaven", we need to find a way to be peaceful within ourselves. What makes your soul joyful? Guarantee your own heaven after life by finding it now, in life.
      That's how I think about the matter.
      Just sharin'

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image92
        Wesman Todd Shawposted 4 years ago in reply to this

....well it is rather complex and in regards to time....humans have their entire lives to find God, but when their lives are over...they are over.

I have heard that your state of mind when you die carries you over into our Father's house which has "many mansions". I think  *who you are * (who you have made yourself via, self-willed thoughts, actions and habits, both good and bad) is considered by those who greet you... as in guardian angels (and maybe even Jesus Himself, if you are a true devotee.) They guide your soul toward other like souls. Then, you hang out with them as a light being, with a light brain and heart, etc) until you want another concrete (earth plane) lifetime. I know the forum leader does not want us to debate reincarnation, but even Jesus talked about it.

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image92
            Wesman Todd Shawposted 4 years ago in reply to this

We're all works in progress smile

Yes. We learn how to guide our own wills from our parents and then it is up to us. (After age 15, we have our own wills.) And that is why we come... to guide our   o w n    wills.

I hope those who die unhappily will be counseled on the other side. I really think they are. After all, every soul incarnates into his new body with a sense of joy. (I have heard that we usually stay on the other side for about five centuries.)
              Ever see an unhappy baby? (Well, I mean a depressed baby.) And children are basically joyful. (It is a happy time of life for them.)  After age 7, they begin taking on their own Karma and revealing their true personalities.
              PS I am enjoying speculating like this... (well, it is based on info I have read in bible and other spiritual texts,) before the likes of Troubled Man barges in.
              ( lol smile)

working