Confessed Sin Releases Joy

1. DeaneMc profile image60
    DeaneMcposted 7 years ago

Confession does not create a relationship with God, it simply nourishes it. If you are a believer, admission of sins does not alter your position before God, but it does enhance your peace with God. When you confess, you agree; you quit arguing with God and agree with him about your sin. You may be God's child, but you don't want to talk to him. He still loves you, but until you admit what you have done, there's going to be tension in the house.
    But just as unconfessed sin hinders joy, confessed sin releases it. When we admit sin we are like a first grader standing before the teacher with a messy paper. I colored outside the lines too many times. Could I start over on a clean sheet? Of course, says the teacher. Happy is the first grader who gets a second chance. or as David wrote, Happy is the person whose sins are forgiven, whose wrongs are pardoned. (Psalm 32:1). So we dash back to our seat and start over.

Don't confuse god's love with the love of people. The love of people often increases with performance, the more you do for them the more they will love you. Not so with God's love. He loves you right where you are. Even though we reject him, disobey him, ignore him, He will not change. He will always love us. The things we do wrong can not cause God to love us less. God's love never ceases. God loves you so much that he refuses to leave you the way you are.
    He cleanses us from all wrong doing and at times the washing away of the filth and garbage we tend to try and hold can be some what painful. We might kick and scream and demand our own way and God will let us have it as we proclaim we know what we are doing and what is best. But then if we do, that's our loss. He has a better offer. He wants us to be like Jesus.

If you have worried each day of your life, you need not worry the rest of your life. Let God have it and He promises to take care of you and give you the peace that passes all understanding, no matter what.He cares for you.

2. Make  Money profile image70
    Make Moneyposted 7 years ago

It certainly does release joy.  I had fallen away from the church for about 25 years.  Not because I didn't believe any more or that I found a better way, I was just having too much fun.  When things started to turn bad for me I ask God for help and returned to the church.  I thought about it for quite a while and figured it was going to be one of the hardest things I would do.  But when I finally went to confession and said to the priest "bless me father, it has been 25 years since my last confession" and the priest said your sins are forgiven it was like a big weight was lifted off me.  What a relief.  The priest was so cool about it.  It was like the priest was relaying these words for God, "welcome home and it's about time". smile

3. DeaneMc profile image60
    DeaneMcposted 7 years ago

The one thing I really believe about someone that is truly saved. Once they have experienced the things of the Lord if they try to turn and go back to their old way of life, they are miserable. I know that for many years I would do well and go to church, live the best I could and after a couple of years I would get tired of the battles and if things just didn't go the way I thought it should, when I thought it should, I would fall by the way side. But, Praise God, He continued to love me any way. The things that once held me in bondage that I found pleasure in before I received Jesus as my Lord and Savior no longer was pleasant to me when I went back to them after I got saved. I would mess up and then I would pray, God take me back and I will never do that again. That battle went on too long. Finally, when September 11, 2001 happened, it had such an impact on my life I have not been the same. God used that thing that was so devastating to get my attention. I realized, those people that were in those twin towers the day that happened went to work thinking they would return home after work. In just the amount of time that, that tragic took place, many lives were lost and many souls  unsaved will never  receive another chance. I don't want to ever be in a place away from God again. We are not promised the next second. Just in an instant, it could all be over. No body ever thinks anything like that could ever happen to them. So do the ones that are in car accidents, drowned, get struck by lightning, etc...Since then, I may grow weak and I go through trials just like everyone else but I know where my help comes from and it comes from the Lord. He is my strength when I feel like I can't go on any more. He is my comfort when things all around me are falling apart. He is my Peace,when things are happening that I don't understand. To me...there is no more turning back. Jesus is truly the way, the truth and the life.