Material World

1. 0
    Sooner28posted 3 years ago

I think this is based on David Hume, but I can't be sure if he would agree with the entire argument because I am not completely familiar with all of his writings.

1.  All knowledge of the natural world is either directly based on sense experience, or derived from technology that can be understood through these sense experiences.

2.  Sense experiences are subjective to the individual having them.

3.  Therefore, all knowledge of the natural world is subjective.

This is a purely intellectual exercise.  I don't really believe this argument, but I am wondering about thoughts on it.

1. 0
      riddle666posted 3 years ago in reply to this

What is this 'knowledge'? Is it about sensing what is outside of us? In that case we do not know ourselves even, for what we think of as our body is an illusion created by our brain called body image, which can be fooled.
      But does the things outside of us, exist because we perceive it, or have they got independent existence? They should, for we are just a collection of matter that can disintegrate in front of us, while the matter is there. That is, we are perishable while matter is eternal and should exist independent of us.
      I do not know whether I am clear, for I can't get the proper words.