What’s your take on UFOs?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (37 posts)
  1. profile image0
    markbennisposted 11 years ago

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of Hubpages smile 

http://youtu.be/iYXj8U8JnFc

From Mark Bennis

1. Disappearinghead profile image59
      Disappearingheadposted 11 years agoin reply to this

All I see are some dots that are apparently in the sky; they could be anything and nothing.

2. retrojoe profile image68
      retrojoeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Most videos of UFOs are disappointing to say the least.  I much more look forward to reading a report of a true close encounter that is highly strange; and the more witnesses the better.  Seasons greetings Mark and have a great New Year!

3. Ceegen profile image67
      Ceegenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think UFOs and "aliens" are demonic entities; fallen angels.

Why else would they travel so very far, just to tell us about spiritual things contrary to what the bible says?

Example. On page 67 of "Intelligent Design", the Raelian movement book, it says:

"The devil, “Satan”, the creator of whom we spoke previously, was always convinced that nothing good could come of humanity on Earth. He was “Satan the skeptic”, and he was supported by the government’s opposition on our distant planet. So he tested Jesus to find out if his intelligence was positive, and if he really loved and respected his creators. Having discovered that they could place complete confidence in Jesus, Jesus was allowed to go and accomplish his mission. In order to rally people to him, Jesus performed “miracles”, which in reality, were the application of scientific teachings shown to him by the creators: ..."

Just one example of many, many things that these supposed "aliens" are purported to be telling humankind.

Why?

1. retrojoe profile image68

Appears to me that your judgment may be short sighted. I believe that their are several causes of UFOs and one aspect of it may be a result of deception by less than benevolent entities.  And even within that group, the entities could be devils, multi-dimensional beings, covert government operatives, or space aliens.  I believe in the old adage of "As Above, So Below".  In otherwords we are a microscosm or a less advanced representation of the universe around us.  Since we are still  underdeveloped in our perceptions we are more likely to be confused by displays from higher entities that intrude on our space and misperceive their intentions.  The less we know about something alien to our normal reality the more likely we will feel threatened by it.  The riddle of UFOs is not a simple one and it should require an open mind to all the possibilities, but then again it is only natural to have one's own pet belief.  Mine is that most of the true phenomena is due to multi-dimensional intelligences that either intentionally or unintentionally land in our space.  I believe that time also plays a role and that more often than not the UFOs are coming from our future.  In both cases I feel it likely that they may not be coming from a distant solar system but rather occupying the same solar system or even our own planet, but hidden from view by either a dimensional barrier or one of time.

1. Ceegen profile image67

There are laws that govern this universe which never change, like gravity. Though there may be many laws which govern the operation of the universe, none of them change upon a whim or slight breeze. So while quantum mechanics says that anything is possible, the physical reality that we live in says that the outcome of infinite possibilities is limited by the observable.

So unless you have proof that they're coming from another dimension or time, we only have people's words to rely on when considering these topics. So when I say that they very well might be demonic entities, you only have my word that they are, just as you only have other people's word of what they believe the situation (with regards to UFOs and aliens) really is. To be totally dismissive of my findings, however irrational it may *seem* to be, is just as short-sighted as assuming I never considered that UFOs may indeed be from another planet, dimension or time.

So, if there are alien life forms out there with advanced technology that could save our planet and cure every disease, why aren't they sharing it with us? It seems irrational that an advanced civilization would withhold such information, unless they don't trust us... Right?

But why wouldn't they trust us? Because in all of recorded history, humans have been at war with each other over the stupidest of things. Murders, liars, thieves in every country and continent of the world, and within the very constructs of the government which we have made to protect ourselves from these evil people.

So if aliens are real, they see us as evil (or at the very least, a threat; which could be interpreted as "evil") - As well they should. Which brings us back to reality, here and now, the observable: Why are humans evil?

First, I'm not being totally dismissive of your theory about UFOs.  I believe that there is some truth in it.  Just not all the truth.  I believe it all goes back to Adam and Eve and that sneaky serpent.  They were babes in the woods till the devil came around and promised great wonders if Eve would just bite into the forbidden apple.  If some of the entities related to true UFOs are devils, they would want us to have advanced knowledge, because a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.  I think that we are still more or less babes in the woods compared to some of these entities and that in many regards we can't handle the truth. 

Just as there are wars being waged on our planet, there are no doubt wars being waged in the heavens and in other dimensions of time and space.  There may be two groups of entities warring over us; one bent on destroying us by exposing us to dangerous knowledge, secret knowledge, that would lead us to a short cut of advancement which would ultimately cause instability (because we weren't ready for it) and self annihilation; the other trying to undermine the efforts of the other any way they can.

If there are two advanced beings warring over our future, they may both be deceiving us to keep us from the ultimate truth, both feeling the end justifies their means.  I can even envision that the evil entities would want to deceive us into thinking that they are the good guys who only want to enlighten us with forbidden knowledge and the other entities would want to plant the seed in our mind that they are only here to trick us so we should run for our lives.  Since the only apparent truth is that we are being deceived one might, with the limited knowledge that we have, logically assume that all the entities are evil.  I'm just saying they can't all be, for if they were, we probably would have been destroyed or enslaved long ago.

But what determines "good" or "evil", I suppose is the basis of my last question in that post.

Why would an alien race try to enslave us or destroy us? What causes "evil" or "bad" behavior, in aliens or humans?

My reasons for believing that supposed alien entities are of demonic origin are many. But the main reason I came to this conclusion, is that some abductees have said that calling upon the name and authority of Jesus Christ has stopped an abduction or experience, and prevented further experiences from happening all together. Why would that happen?

Just the mere presence of these creatures leads one to big philosophical questions, some of which are in conflict with other philosophical ideas... And I think that is the whole point: To get us to doubt.

But to say that "aliens" are multi-dimension travelers, is one step away from saying they're fallen angels from the spiritual realm. It isn't much of a leap from one to the other, really.

Ah, the question of why does one even choose evil over good..
                I chalk it up to someone's quest for power.  If one seeks power
                simply for the gratification that one gains in being the victor
                over a multitude of souls rather than to uplift or enlighten them,
                then one has chosen the path to self aggrandizement.

There is nothing intrinsically wrong with power, as long as
                one's motivations are good or one's attitude has its roots in
                selflessness.  Similar to the thin line between lust and love,
                greed for power over others rather than worldly responsibility,
                the former is a very extreme intoxicant that can eventually
                lead one down the path to ruin.

Unfortunately, people's lives with such a hollow purpose
                often take as many people with them as they can, sacrificing
                those unable to defend themselves as a delaying tactic or
                distraction from their own ultimate demise.

An analogy may be why men hunt rhinos to the brink of
                extinction so the Chinese can grind their horns up into an aphrodisiac.
                Or the Japanese will slaughter thousands of dolphins because
                they got in the way of their tuna catches (I was at the zoo the
                other day).  It is all because they can do it, not because they should. 
                It is an ends to a means and they feel their needs justifies their
                insensitive and inhumane actions.  Nothing personal, just business.

Of course, just because there are quite a few bad apples on the
                planet who's acts may be considered evil deeds, that doesn't
                make us all evil.  And I believe that is true for any non-terrestrial
                entities. 

I don't find it far fetched that some humans escaped an abduction
                episode by invoking the name of Jesus.  The abductors in those
                particular instances may very well have been evil or at the very
                least soulless and thus blind to the harm they may be doing.

I remember reading recently about an encounter near Victory,
                Australia on August 8, 1993 by three cars full of people
                (http://ufoinfo.com/onthisday/August08.html).
                As a tall dark figure with red glowing eyes approached, a female
                witness panicked and began yelling that "They have no souls!".

Is it possible that ultra-terrestrials who have been developing
                intellectually and technologically for perhaps millions of years
                left their souls behind in the process and have no feelings of
                remorse for their insensitive treatment of humans on this planet?

Perhaps, but does that mean that all such beings that we may
                experience in a supernatural way have done so?  I think even
                the term supernatural has gotten a bad rap (many people
                equating it with evil).  I believe that the reason for that is
                because it refers to things that are mysterious or little understood.
                People usually fear the unknown and shun it as something that
                makes them uncomfortable. 

Unfortunately for them, it is the unknown and repressed aspects
                of their psyches that they fear the most, and the more it alarms
                them the more those aspects become attracted to their consciousness
                (just like an aggressive dog will likely attack anyone who has the smell
                of fear).  Evil feeds off fear so when we have no worries and are
                content, wickedness has a hard time finding a foothold in our soul. 
                Similarly to fear, evil feeds off ego gratification or the lust for power
                and glory.  So paradoxically evil thrives on the fearful weak as well
                as the powerful who have an endless appetite for even more power.
                The difference is that the weak recognize it for what it is and try
                to escape it and the powerful recognize it only as an opportunity
                for more power and embrace it as an ally.

"For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil." - Satan speaking to Eve, Genesis 3:5.

Was Satan lying to Eve when he said we would know what good and evil is?

I think so, which is why I think that anyone having "power" in this world is a dangerous thing. We don't really know what good or evil is, even though we try to convince ourselves that we do.

Which is why I think the fallen angels posing as "aliens" from another dimension, time or distant planet is such a powerful delusion. We argue about whether or not their intentions are good or evil, and never come up with a solid conclusion, because we don't know what good or evil really is.

I just think it is no coincidence that these entities specifically answer to and are afraid of the name and authority of Jesus. That alone should open some eyes, but then again, if no one wants to make that connection...

"I found all too soon that just because I knew the Truth didn’t mean anybody would believe me. After all, people have a hard time accepting Satan exists. Tell them he pilots UFOs, and you’re left talking to yourself."
                  - Testimony of "Sara", found at:
                  http://alienresistance.org/ce4

Things are not what they seem!

2. Alastar Packer profile image72
          Alastar Packerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Excellent and knowledgeable reply, Joseph, one of the best I've ever seen as concerns the subject.

2. safiq ali patel profile image66
    safiq ali patelposted 11 years ago

May be UFO's are out there. Maybe there is life out there in the outer space....

1. profile image54
      hubclairepageposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree. I think there really is a life out there. The universe is so big and to think that we humans are the only thing that is in it or that is living. Also for fact such as crop circles, its too perfectly made that a human can't create a perfect crop circle. The studies about the pyramids, the stones used to build the pyramids are too heavy to think that Egyptians could carry, if they can they could have use heavy machines to carry the stones which trace of any machines found as an evidence. Just a thought . smile

3. profile image0
    ChleotheWitchposted 11 years ago

I think it is possible that there is life somewhere out there. The Universe is infinite, there is a possibility that we are not alone.

1. profile image0
      brotheryochananposted 11 years agoin reply to this

well for life to exist we need to define life first. What kind of life are you looking for? a single cell amoeba or a humanoid? Mars was thought to have life upon it but now scientists have changed their mind and think maybe something wee small and tiny might exist.
      Our planet is unique. There is so much fine tuning and intricate balance. Just our sun for example is yellow, majorly stars like our sun are red. Red wont produce vegetation we need a full spectrum of light as furnished by our yellow sun. Gravity, air and an atmosphere, without going into details are important, most planets don't have this in a fashion to accommodate human life. Circular orbits in peaceful environs are very much limited... the list for all things together to enable humanoid life makes another planet with human life on it, quite scarce if at all possible, which i believe it is not possible for other humanoid life to exist in the whole entire universe as i humbly consider that God has enough work to do with just one planet at a time.

1. Alastar Packer profile image72

brotheryochanan, your thoughts are well taken. However, in the vastness of creation with its uncountable numbers of universes, stars and planets, it just doesn't seem rational or likely, despite all the "-ologies" of our present understanding, that sentient life isn't widespread rather than barren of such.

4. Alastar Packer profile image72
    Alastar Packerposted 11 years ago

What think ye of this one Head smile and Joseph will be most interested on your take. http://youtu.be/6N-hZOyuOd8

My first impression is that it is too good to be true.  My second observation is that although there is background sound of a breeze hitting the mic, there is no exclamation from the person behind the camera.  When considering both of the above I would have to say that my best guess is that it is a fake.  Oh, and if it took off straight up like that so quickly, it probably would create an air current that would have caused the nearby trees to display some noticeable agitation.

Thank you Joseph. Too good to be true, maybe. Apparently the septuagenarian farmer hadn't the know-how or means for a CGI like that, desires no financial gain and only recently agreed to an interview - all unconfirmed here of course so no telling. The frightened dog coming out the woods is interesting and the slo-mo on the video shows the top turning before zooming upwards. True or false, I don't think it's a movie set out in the English countryside as some have posited lol. Thanks again for your take my friend.

2. marsmadness profile image59
      marsmadnessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The frame when it goes away, it's just disappears as if taken off the screen, rather than continuing off into the forest. This is a pretty good fake other otherwise. Looking a bit closer, the shine and light reflection is off, and the craft is of a different resolution than the rest of the shot. It's better than a lot I have seen, but it's a hoax scene. Not a bad job, but not an encounter either.

Check-out the slo-mo on YouTube or recontact me here and I'll tell you were to find it. The frame doesn't disappear off the screen. How can you tell the light and reflection are off without knowing the weather conditions etc? And the question of the resolution is a subjective one, not knowing the possible technologies being employed- if the craft is genuine that is. And what about the gentleman who videoed it in the first place? At this point there seems no way he could have made a sophisticated CGI like that. Not saying it's real but at this point it does appear to be so, in my opinion that is.

5. Barbara Kay profile image73
    Barbara Kayposted 11 years ago

That is exactly what I saw with two other friends. Whether they are UFOs or something different is to be determined. I think we earthlings are vain if we think we are the only intelligent life form in the universe. I think the Youtube would have been of better photographer quality if it was faked.

That is exciting to hear you and your friends saw the same looking craft, Barbara. Actually it is very similar to film and photos taken by a supposed contactee and and others. Some have to see one up close and personal to have knowledge of them, and even with that a few still won't believe. Such is the way of human beings in our individuality.

6. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 11 years ago

I don't believe in ufo's nor  celebrate christmas

7. moonlake profile image82
    moonlakeposted 11 years ago

I've seen ufo's so I believe in them, not sure about the one in the video.  I also believe they're not from earth.

Moonlake you've written about that here on Hp and is well worth anyone interested reading.

8. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 11 years ago

I have an open mind concerning UFOs. Why would this be the only planet with life?

Exactly habee!smile

2. marsmadness profile image59

It would be a very sad existence for mankind in this great, big Universe - wouldn't it?

1. psycheskinner profile image83
        psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes sad things are true.

9. profile image0
    markbennisposted 11 years ago

I must say I do like the avenues of discussions that will and do occur around this particular subject of UFOs.  Even as a one liner, meaning a basic question. It opens a can of worms per-say, which really opens the flood gates to the hidden possibilities. 

Which in-itself has kept us all hooked and most of us driven forward with truly relevant questions that most probably and are even more probably a real probability to being a reality that coexists within a multidimensional probability which is a real probability of our duality of existence.

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7676908_f248.jpg

10. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

"What’s your take on UFOs?"

Haven't ridden in one in years...

1. marsmadness profile image59

ba-dump dump *CYMBAL CRASAH!*

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
        paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I must update. Last weekend was a blast. And they do time warps. I had no idea!

11. Zelkiiro profile image87
    Zelkiiroposted 11 years ago

Some are hoaxes, some are jets, some are just plain ol' unidentified flying objects, and some could be real. I'm not about to go around saying this infinitely massive universe has no other life forms in it.

1. marsmadness profile image59

Sounds like a perfect answer to me!  smile

12. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 11 years ago

and upon this topic the bible doesn't say directly but indirectly has much to say.
    Firstly, there are no other alien lifeforms is a term that needs defining. Are we talking about life as we know it.. humanoid on a planet such as earth or are we speaking of long stretchy gray colored beings living on a nill gravity planet devoid of trees and lakes and atmosphere or are we merely content with what is found in some frozen ice on a cold atmosphereless planet in the shape of an amoeba?
    Well we can tackle that later, lets just look at other human life on other earths. So far none have been found scientifically which is reasonable when you consider how conveniently our planet is uniquely situated away from supernovae, protected by other planets and a comet belt, we have a yellow sun giving all the spectrums of light which our planet needs, we have circular orbit for steady seasons and trouble free of colliding with other planets in our system and etc... this is science though.
    I said bible.
    We notice that God is involved with his creation, which are US, so if there is another earth like ours with humans on it, God would have to be involved there too. Now i am not saying this is not possible but i do rationalize that it is not probably the case. I would suspect that one planet of people is sufficient for a Gods circumspection. I cannot conclude that on another planet of people God created that he is not concerned with them the same way God is concerned with us and we know how this God thing has played out over the millennium. Is Jesus on a cross there also? since salvation is what God is concerned with ultimately. It may be true Adam did not partake of sin and become separated from God on another planet, but again i think it highly unlikely.
    As for God creating alien life forms similar to us, well we still have that old salvation thing to account for... which flesh certainly seems to be at the center.
    Would God allow for another of his creations to visit earth? I sincerely doubt it. Why mix recipes.
    Can an amoeba be important to us... will it ever travel here in spacecraft.. i think not.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)