jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

The end of the world

1. marwan asmar profile image78
    marwan asmarposted 3 years ago

Honestly, the soothsayers talk about it every year. Will 2013 be the end of the world. Come on let's get opinion on this.

1. ThompsonPen profile image83
      ThompsonPenposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I haven't heard about 2013 being the end of the world. Although, I did hear something interesting last night (Xmas Eve) about how 12.21.2012 was a miscalculation, and the end of the world was actually meant to be last night. I thought it was kind of funny.
      The world will keep going until the sun burns out. Humanity however, may cease to exist at some point. But I don't see it being any sooner than at least 50 years from now wink

2. 0
      Emile Rposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Well, another Hubber set the date for 2028. So it appears we have some time.

3. 0
      Lybrahposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I don't think so.  No one knows when the end will come.

2. Markeli profile image87
    Markeliposted 3 years ago

The Bible clearly speaks of a day of judgment when the world as we know it will end. "Because God has fixed a day on which he will judge the world in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed, and of this he has given assurance to all by raising him from the dead" (Acts of the Apostles 17:31).
    Of course I do not know when that day will occurr in history, but I consider this:I am 42 now, let's say I live a further 60 years to reach age 102. That will be about the latest when my end takes place after which I will have to face God's judgment. Ultimately that is not too far off. I'd better prepare for it now....